Carburetor Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased a 3-72 FJ40 here last August and the previous owner had done the Weber carburetor swap. I have the original Aisan carburetor and want to return it to stock. I was wondering, is it worth it to swap it back to stock? If so, what are the benefits? Also, where do i find rebuild kits? It is a 2-72 carb. (I'm a new-comer.)

Go back to oem, you'll like it. And you can use the search function to find a ton of info. A couple guys that seem to be the experts on the carbs will start to stand out, Jim C, and Pinhead. Good luck, and welcome.

@rkymtnflyfisher: Okay, I will look. Thanks.

@donny paradise: Nothing, i just wanted to see if it was worth it, and i like the stock look. :)

Last edited:
:confused:

Kurt at cruiseroutfitters.com has the carb kits - it is not that difficult to rebuild yourself when you have a factory service manual or the Haynes book

autoparts stores can also order a kit for you, but in my experience they get it wrong 50% of the time and order a kit for an aftermarket carb :rolleyes:

If the air cleaner mounting bracket has been removed from the cylinder head,do consider that there is some risk of breaching the head gasket in the process of reinstalling the air cleaner that the stock carb uses.

fjparts.com also stocks the rebuild kits.;) I am not currently offering kits for sale.

Best

Mark A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom