Capt '99 LC - Custom bumper, sliders - build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wanted to do something VERY similar to that a year or so ago. However I found a ARB bumper on local CL for $450 and couldn't pass it up.

Where in Seattle are you located? Who/what is JA, local shop?

We need a 100 meet in this area one day!

I'd agree with a deal like that! I live in Kirkland, but work in DT Seattle. JA is short for my fab guy - Jon Ament; http://jacustomworks.net/

Sounds good.

Air2airs bumper was made by Jason Demello, Im sure if you had any questions he would be happy to help. Looks like you have it under control, nice work!

that looks great, nice work

Air2airs bumper was made by Jason Demello, Im sure if you had any questions he would be happy to help. Looks like you have it under control, nice work!

Awesome, thanks for the referral.....another reason why I enjoy this forum. :D

more pics of the LED bar and skid plate.
tube bumper_skid plate_LED_pic2.jpg
side shot_tube bumper_pic.jpg
side shot_tube bumper_pic2.jpg

We can't forget to keep it legal....hanger for front plate. ;)
tube bumper_WA plate.jpg

Last edited:
I want this...ARB may be for sale. What's the cost? If you don't mind

Well I don't have exact costs yet, but we went into this project targeting a $1000 budget for the bumper.

Ultimately, I was trying to avoid the $1200 - 1400 mark of the ARB (03+ combo) and Blueberry bumpers + pay to have those bumpers installed bringing the total costs to around $1800 +/- $100 at the end of day.

Last edited:
Well I don't have exact costs yet, but we went into this project targeting a $1000 budget for the bumper.

Ultimately, I was trying to avoid the $1200 - 1400 mark of the ARB (03+ combo) and Blueberry bumpers + pay to have those bumpers installed bringing the total costs to around $1800 +/- $100 at the end of day.

I would be down for a tube front if the price was around ~800. It's either go tube, or chop up the ARB

I would be down for a tube front if the price was around ~800. It's either go tube, or chop up the ARB

Find a local shop, take pics and I'm sure you can find a price that would be good and save the expensive shipping. I paid less than 700 and it was a one off.
IMG176.jpg

Last edited:
Looks fantastic, Cap'n.

What I would give to have a fab shop of my own. I could crank out stuff like this all day if I had the tools. I miss being in the service sometimes for that reason...once all of the daily work was done, home projects were welcomed by the shop chief.

Capt, you going to get that thing out on the trail before fall this year? If so, any idea on where...?

Capt, you going to get that thing out on the trail before fall this year? If so, any idea on where...?

Yea, perhaps again here soon. I have a trail I hit up (every so often) south of North Bend off I-90, about 3 miles up in the foothills....shoot clay pigeons and other targets. Big (safe) spot that faces a dirt cliff with about a 20-30 ft ascension to a ridgeline.

Just need to watch for the occassional hill-billies :hillbilly: that show up full of liquid courage :beer: while firing off rounds. ;)

Last edited:
Looks fantastic, Cap'n.

What I would give to have a fab shop of my own. I could crank out stuff like this all day if I had the tools. I miss being in the service sometimes for that reason...once all of the daily work was done, home projects were welcomed by the shop chief.

Roger that! :D

Yea, perhaps again here soon. I have a trail I hit up (every so often) south of North Bend off I-90, about 3 miles up in the foothills....shoot clay pigeons and other targets. Big (safe) spot that faces a dirt cliff with about a 20-30 ft ascension to a ridgeline.

Just need to watch for the occassional hill-billies :hillbilly: that show up full of liquid courage :beer: while firing off roads. ;)

Well hit me up in PM! Love smoking some clays!

bumper officially completed; powder-coated and mounted.....next up are the sliders!
completed bumper_pic 1.jpg
completed bumper_pic 2.jpg

I'm very pleased with the progress of this project....if anyone local would like an intro to JA, let me know.

Looks great, Cap'n! Now go get some plasti-dip, and black out that chrome grille surround and T emblem to round out the look. ;)

Here are some pics of the sliders in raw form, mocked up on the frame, now removed to be sent off to powder-coater.
sliders_pic1.jpg
sliders_pic3.jpg
sliders_pic2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom