Can 80 Series Headlights be Repaired? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can the headlight glass be repaired on an 80 series? Rt side has bullet hole type puncture.
Are all 80 headlamps the same? Are new ones available?
Tnx,
rScotty

Can the headlight glass be repaired on an 80 series? Rt side has bullet hole type puncture.
Are all 80 headlamps the same? Are new ones available?
Tnx,
rScotty
No, not all 80 headlights are the same.

Your LX 450 headlights are specific to the LX450 and LHD.

The LC headlights are different and you cannot use RHD headlights.

No, not all 80 headlights are the same.

Your LX 450 headlights are specific to the LX450 and LHD.

The LC headlights are different and you cannot use RHD headlights.
Thanks for that. Yes, I'm finding out more about headlights than I'd hoped to know.
Understand about the LX450 differences now, and also the LHD/RHD.

For the '97 FZJ80, it is looking like the Depo HL pair on ebay are about the only OEMish choice other than used.
Ebay supplier says they have sold hundreds of Depo sets, but a search doesn't say much about people using them here.

Depos use H1 and H4 bulbs - how do those compare to OEM 9005/9006?
Any problems with fitup on the FZJ80? The seller says it is a perfect fit.
How about beam adjustment? I gotta say that the stock Toyota system is really nice.
rScotty

Since you have an lx read this thread

Thanks for that. Yes, I'm finding out more about headlights than I'd hoped to know.
Understand about the LX450 differences now, and also the LHD/RHD.

For the '97 FZJ80, it is looking like the Depo HL pair on ebay are about the only OEMish choice other than used.
Ebay supplier says they have sold hundreds of Depo sets, but a search doesn't say much about people using them here.

Depos use H1 and H4 bulbs - how do those compare to OEM 9005/9006?
Any problems with fitup on the FZJ80? The seller says it is a perfect fit.
How about beam adjustment? I gotta say that the stock Toyota system is really nice.
rScotty

The difference in the bulbs is just the base.

Depos bolt in and fit like OEM

Adjustment is comparable.

They are a good well built unit. Nothing else out there seems to be.

OEM is a bit better at resisting water intrusion is submergence of the headlight is a common issue for you.

Mark...

Lots of threads on DEPO headlights. The light output is amazing if you take advantage to the H1/H4 combo. You can read more about that here.
Yes, thanks.... I read your thread & see that now. Apparently my seaches are not doing well on this forum. Seems like the DEPO headlight info all happened years ago and is now old news - which I missed by staying away for the last decade.... & which is not coming up on the searches.

So the DEPO is sounding good. Any particular type or supplier?
rScotty

I used PIAA aftermarket bulbs in my '97 FZJ and they were great. They come with some sort of converter device that goes on the back of the headlamp, and they're EXPENSIVE!, but they work great.

For my LX450, I bought a set of Depos and loaded them with Morimoto H2 HID projector lamps from The Retrofit Source. Huge improvement in light output. One of my favorite upgrades, but now there are LED projectors with beam cutoff that are brighter and don’t blind on coming drivers. You can load both sides of each Depo housing for more light. A few companies build the housings with lights installed too.

IMG_7327.png

If anyone has stock LC headlights after swapping, I am in need of the 4 (2per side) plastic screw/twist things that allow you to see how level the headlight is from the top. If so, please DM me. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom