Best mod for under $100? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just got 4 32" BFG MT with 50-70% tread left for $80! :D

I vote for the extended breathers. They've saved me a ton on fluids.

Kalawang

Yup.

Auto-up windows and cupholders are nice, but when you consider the damage/expense extended breathers can save compared to the cost and ease of doing them, it's without question the best mod under $100. Heck, under $50.

hitch pin mod is my vote if you wheel your 80 enough ... saved my butt a few times from rolling

hitch pin mod??

hitch pin mod??

taking out either of the front bolts that hold in the front control arms when you are wheeling ... but by putting a hitch pin (trailer hitch pin) it enables you to do this quickly with out having to take the bolt in and out each time you go from off road back to driving on the highway etc

taking out either of the front bolts that hold in the front control arms when you are wheeling ... but by putting a hitch pin (trailer hitch pin) it enables you to do this quickly with out having to take the bolt in and out each time you go from off road back to driving on the highway etc

Now why would you remove a control arm bolt? And why would that keep you from rolling over?:confused:

Last edited:

You have any pics of this?

Donating to this forum!

Maybe not $100 or a direct modification, but some of the best $$ I have spent!

You have any pics of this?

I think he's talking about rolling over. Not rolling backwards or forwards.

Now why would you remove a control arm bolt? And why would that keep you from rolling over?:confused:

Yea rolling over sideways... It just gives you a little more room to flex with one bolt removed I will try to get a picture soon and if anyone sees this and can explain it any better please do ...

my vote is george's LEDs or the CDL switch.

This $27 Mag-lite was a present (Freebie!), and the mounts were $7 on Ebay :D

DSC01463.jpg

DSC01462.jpg

The Herculiner was $30, and some $9 Glossy Rustoleum to coat it
Bumpers, and flares, they are gone now, but I liked it ...

DSC01241.jpg

Freebie Carpet from work, I need storage, but it suited me then, for sleeping

DSC01386.jpg

And a CDL switch, which will be on its way from Cdan's stash, That will probly be the best under $100 ...

And here's a worst

DSC01865.jpg

But I guess that's my fault for buying :bang:

Old thread, but I have to add the gray wire mod (alarm antenna) to the under $100 list.

I added a padded armrest to my '91 console lid. It looked too plain and boring without a padded rest on top. The pad is out of a nineties Camry. It's gray in color so it matches the interior. I wasn't too concerned with cutting into the lid as it already had some scratches, so no big deal. The lid looks better with the pad. The cool thing is the console now has a compartment-within-a-compartment.
I thought I would have a pic of it installed today - but, no. The money shot will have to wait as I jacked my ankle before I could take the photo (some photos were taken with flash and some without).
Oh, the padded armrest cost $7.50.
DSCN3220a.jpg
DSCN3226a.jpg
DSCN3228a.jpg

Taking :princess: out to a romantic dinner so you can build up to a mod that is actually worth something :D

If you don't have a :princess:, I don't want to hear it about $100 mods :flipoff2:

- Toyota or Scion Radio (done both in various Toyotas) with MP3 and aux inputs ~$50 on ebay.
- CDL & Pin 7 mod (saved my tail with a bad universal) ~ $60
- Small inverter for charging DVD players, DSs and rechargeable power tools ~ $50
- Dash cupholder/LR cupholder (it's a family thing) ~ both around $100 combined
- Disconnect the horn from the alarm ~ free
- Heated mirrors - https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/268442-heated-rearview-mirrors-finished.html
- shim the wastegate (...wait that's the Supra)

Last edited:
Could not have said it any better

Nay-

You do understand the ways of the woman.:cool:
Taking :princess: out to a romantic dinner so you can build up to a mod that is actually worth something :D

If you don't have a :princess:, I don't want to hear it about $100 mods :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom