Best mod for under $100? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A hand-full of washers or short sections of pipe will get you the spare tire mod and some pretty noticable (spare tire sidewall saving) ground clearance

I vote for the extended breathers. They've saved me a ton on fluids.

Kalawang

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=138685&highlight=optima+battery+tray+mod

Free if you have a 12" chunk of 2X6.

Correct hieght adjust for Optima Battery releives stress on battery cable ends, and eliminates wrong fit for stock battery hold down.

A nice partner mod is a metal ring for the left side hold down bolt hole. $5 at Walmart for a kit and a dozen or so rings. Keeps the hold down bolt from tearing through the battery box.

Siped my MTR's and now the stick like studded snow tires! Really...

I can't believe we're on page two and no one has mentioned a IH8MUD decal.
Lol! The Araco decals Kyle makes are nice too!

Prolly unecessary but a backup sensor, auto dimming temp/compass rear view mirror, satelite radio & 4 port cigarette lighter adaptor. I'm working on another inexpensive mod now but I have to make sure it works before I post.:D

This was probably the first thing I did to my truck. Not much of a mod but it has been right there for 7 years now and I can't think of a better place for it. Took all of 3 minutes to do with a cordless screw gun.
mag 01.jpg
mag 02.jpg

Does the arm rest need to come off to put the fasteners on?
-B-

Did the brackets come with the flashlight? Now that is a handy mod.:)

Did the brackets come with the flashlight? Now that is a handy mod.:)

That is a MAG light and the brackets are sold separately. The screws that the brackets come with won't work and you need to source the correct size sheet metal screws. Everything was bought at Home Depot.

Handy is putting it mildly. The whole family knows right were it is and when camping and someone needs a light for a run to the bathroom it's right there.

for me, i put LED's in all upper lights and doors for <$100. That or, if you find some seats at the right price, I did the mod to make the middle and third row seats recline at different intervals. EVERYBODY loves that mod.

You can also use the maglight holders to put your license plate on your roller fairlead.

Snatch strap!!!

Then auto-up mod, temp gauge mod, then overflow tank mod. Close second would be Slee's washer tank kit and the tire valve stem replacements with no-loss caps

I did the CDL switch, 7 pin mod, and added an under-hood trouble light, all for under a C-Note.

I've never used the the trouble light though. Damn Toyota just won't break down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom