Best mod for under $100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dedicated always-on 12 volt accessory plugs wired to the battery (with 10A fuses) - front and rear. <$15 and an hour to do both. :)

I need to do this - I recently added a 400w inverter ($15 off Craiglist, + maybe $30 in wire & misc parts) under my the shifter console. I basically copied NLXTACY's install. I lucked out and got an inverter that also has a USB port, so charging things like cell phones & mp3 players is a breeze. This also frees up my one lonely 12v outlet, but like you said - it's not a constant source of power, and it's only one outlet.

I mounted 2 to the back of my center console. I ran fused power to a terminal strip in the console, then two leads to the outlets. But I would like to have another one or two in/near the dash or the front part of the console, by the shifter. I plan to add an auxillary fuse box in the pass side kick panel. From there I will wire some rear outlets and hopefully find a place for another front.

HIR bulbs in high and low beams, cdl, airlift bags for towing, flare removal/durabak coating

Last edited:
Factory Rack Removal- $15 for paint and JB Weld. Oh and a few hours of cleaning up the rust that had found it's way under the rack's feet.

What's a good source for the correct HID bulbs?

Thanks

Jeff

Don't confuse HIR with HID.

HIR bulbs give a somewhat brighter but still focused beam with longer lasting, cooler running, lower power draw bulbs - and there is a whole thread dedicated to it pages long. There is a general belief that they fall within the intent or most laws regarding such things. There is a John Deer part number that fits quite well with minor modifications to the bulb mount. I haven't checked the price lately, but these should still be doable for under $100.

HID adapter kits + blasts = blinding & annoying other drivers since they don't fit the beam profile. HID aux lights work well for off road use though. But, these will usually break the $100 barrier for this thread.

One of the best mods I have done for under $100 is the fire extinguisher that I've never had to use.

Cheapest mod so far, extending the breather hoses from the axle to the engine (front) and to the rear inside cab, how much, about $5.00 and a drink.:beer:

Remove the foot rest on the driver side floor. Feels like a cavern of legroom.

Two-Toned Shift Console

...in addition to my 12v plug above, I have painted my shift console black where it was previously wood-grained. Now has the non-US market look which I love. Cost was that of some rattle-can primer and satin black paint, at most $7.50!

cyclosteve-albums-arb-lockers-oem-switches-lights-picture10514-console-black-12v-constant-accessory-plug.jpg

Latest mod; wheels painted flat black, $9.00
Before and after 3.jpg
Before and after 6.jpg
before.jpg

Maybe I've overlooked this thread and the search results, but could someone post a link to the 12V outlet mod.....very interested in it!!....and TTT!!

Slowleak

...also, is there a link for the small inverter mod....that's a definite to have MOD for me and the kids!

Slowleak

painted center caps and lugs

Well i was pretty bored and had scored some beat up center caps off fleabay. well i rattle caned them black, taped the center and hit them with silver, and even bought some silver touchup paint and did the sombreo, not a fan of the gold:hillbilly: Before i put them on i also shot them with 3 clear coats. The lugs got two coats of semi-gloss...I know it wont last on the lugs but they sure look better.

Winch integrated into stock front bumper.

attachment.php

TOTAL Cost: $3.03 (soct of the 7" cutting blade). This should be cheaper, since the blade was used on another project prior to this. :D

The winch (brand new) was given to me by a friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom