Arizona Cardinals Talk (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Our short yardage guy broke his wife's nose and threw a shoe at his baby. Hightower was the last decent between the tackles runner we had, and he didn't last too long. We sure could use Anthony Sherman back, but BA likes keeping 4 TE's over a FB and 3 TE's. The problem with that is Housler and Fells aren't blockers.

Word from cards camp is that Grice is taking snaps with the first team in workouts this week.:clap:

Id love to see what he can do against one of the poorer run defenses this weekend in Oakland.

Word from cards camp is that Grice is taking snaps with the first team in workouts this week.:clap:

Id love to see what he can do against one of the poorer run defenses this weekend in Oakland.

Would love to see him involved but still don't see him providing much of a change up.
In other news, the cards are talking with Palmer's agent on an extension. Makes sense, they're not likely to have a better QB in place by next year.

The seahens traded Persy Harvin for 13 footballs.:doh: His drama queen act must have gone over the top. Why else let a great playmaker move on w/o securing a good player to bolster the roster?:flush:

The reports on Taylor's demise seem premature after today.:) He had his best day as a pro.:clap:

5-1 oh yeah....:clap:

Now for a very tough stretch of 5 games

Now for a very tough stretch of 5 games
^^^ This!! Was hoping for a more convincing win over Oakland, but I think mentally we're ready for that string. Cowboys will be tough, Seahawks look to be self-destructing. Philly will be tough. Rams will be tough. Denver made SF look like a HS team last night.

49ers and Seachickens both lost 3 games so far :doh::flush::lol:

49ers and Seachickens both lost 3 games so far :doh::flush::lol:
That's just it, we beat the niners on THEIR mistakes, not our strengths. :eek:

in a league where there is so much parity where any one team can beat another on any Sunday. Many times it comes down to the team with the least mistakes.

I like our (now) season leading #1 run defense, our +7 turnover ratio, our time of possession advantage (small but there) that keeps our offense on the field and our defense off. We typically have less penalties than our competitors - good coaching. Kind of similar to years past where we have to lean on the defense but at least now we have a coach that likes to take deep shots down the field somewhat frequently. Even if we dont connect, there are times where we get the other team a-scared and they commit a down-the-field-interference penalty and we move the chains anyway :D

Was hoping for a more convincing win over Oakland,

Really not following the Raiders but I remember the week before the Chargers won but wasn't a convincing win. Look at the Rams, lost some games they could have won. Yesterday they did against last year's champ. Sometimes the record doesn't reflect how good a team is. I'm just glad the Oakland game was away and the Eagles are coming here.

I heard several people at work here who's team lost yesterday: "the refs stole that game from us" :crybaby:

:rolleyes: blah, blah, blah

That's just it, we beat the niners on THEIR mistakes, not our strengths. :eek:

Playing disciplined, mistake free football is not a fluke. It takes great leadership and resiliency and that is the strength of this team. The Cards had both, the 40 whiners had neither. You have to be pretty good to be this lucky.

The schedule is back loaded, despite the start, getting to ten or more wins will be tough.

The one thing I've noticed about Arians is that he doesn't show more than he has to show. Which doesn't result in convincing wins, but it also doesn't give the rest of the league the full arsenal for scouting fodder. It's like driving a Ferrari under the speed limit, and he just carefully chooses the times to punch it. He also doesn't use conventional play calling wisdom. He throws a lot on 3rd and short, and calls running plays in long yardage situations which help keep opposing defenses guessing. Hard to argue with the results so far.

The Eagles game last year was he difference in the Cardinals not making the playoffs. The next two weeks will tell if the Cardinals have what it takes to win in the post season, particularly Sunday's home game. It's highly likely the Eagles and Cowboys will be playoff teams (based on statistical probablity alone), and it'll be good to see how we stack up at home and on the road.

EAGLES are next!

Time to step up to the challenge :bounce2:

My favorite two offensive coaches square off...Beagles O should put up 24 pts and Cards O should get 21-24. Cards win with Defensive or special teams score.

My favorite two offensive coaches square off...Beagles O should put up 24 pts and Cards O should get 21-24. Cards win with Defensive or special teams score.

Can't bring myself to Foles having a bad day:doh:, but on the other hand I am totally cool with your outcome.:cheers:

I scared the dog with John Brown's reception, lol...

6-1 baby!

man, I think the entire crowd had heart palpatations :eek:

:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom