Arizona Cardinals Talk (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BA is now 22-9 as a head coach (including the interim job in Indy). That he had to wait until his 60s to get a shot is astounding.

I thought they looked great yesterday, but still have this nagging feeling that all three wins were handed to them by boneheaded moves on their opponent's part. Don't get me wrong, given where the roster is, we're doing great, but both SD (turnovers) and SF (stupid, stupid penalties) really handed games to AZ. We are good enough to stay in the hunt, but given the ton of mistakes made by opponents, we're pretty fortunate to be where we are. A bye week to get everyone healthy is just what we needed. Impressed by the coaching staff and especially the play calling. Love to see it.

As to the recent domestic violence issues, I deplore domestic violence, but have to ask, "what did you expect?" From the time these now-adults were in Jr. High, they get heaps of praise and adoration dumped on them for playing a violent sport, by the time they're in High School, they have a feeling of superiority, which (and I know I'm generalizing, but it's probably in proportion to the # of players in the NFL with DV issues) get taken out on HS chicks and nerds/dweebs. When they get to college they get paid to play (via scholarships), get slid through their classes, in many cases have double standards of academic and behavioral standards routinely applied to them, and then get $$$$ contracts to keep up the same ol', same ol' after 3 years of college. They know the best way to get the headlines is with a "vicious hit". And then we're supposed to feign outrage that there's a domestic violence issue? C'mon, this has been years in the making, and goes way downstream from the NFL...

I thought they looked great yesterday, but still have this nagging feeling that all three wins were handed to them by boneheaded moves on their opponent's part. Don't get me wrong, given where the roster is, we're doing great, but both SD (turnovers) and SF (stupid, stupid penalties) really handed games to AZ. We are good enough to stay in the hunt, but given the ton of mistakes made by opponents, we're pretty fortunate to be where we are. A bye week to get everyone healthy is just what we needed. Impressed by the coaching staff and especially the play calling. Love to see it.

Discipline is a reflection on the coaching staff. This is not a great team, but they are playing great. Clearly they have bought in to BA's schtick. No BS, no excuses, go out and do your job. That was obvious in the niners game, the cards played a smart game, even when down. By contrast, Harbaugh was in near meltdown stage and it bled onto the field.

As to the recent domestic violence issues, I deplore domestic violence, but have to ask, "what did you expect?" From the time these now-adults were in Jr. High, they get heaps of praise and adoration dumped on them for playing a violent sport, by the time they're in High School, they have a feeling of superiority, which (and I know I'm generalizing, but it's probably in proportion to the # of players in the NFL with DV issues) get taken out on HS chicks and nerds/dweebs. When they get to college they get paid to play (via scholarships), get slid through their classes, in many cases have double standards of academic and behavioral standards routinely applied to them, and then get $$$$ contracts to keep up the same ol', same ol' after 3 years of college. They know the best way to get the headlines is with a "vicious hit". And then we're supposed to feign outrage that there's a domestic violence issue? C'mon, this has been years in the making, and goes way downstream from the NFL...

Don't forget, these are kids with near superhuman speed and strength living life in a fishbowl. How many people would survive such scrutiny without showing some warts? Including PS, there are 2016 players on active rosters and another 1000 or so that will rotate onto rosters due to injury. There is what, 6 or 7 DV cases? That's about .3%. Yes, their actions are deplorable and unacceptable, but we should take care not to indict the others due to guilt by association. The overwhelming majority of NFL player are decent, respectable people.

I also have a problem with labeling people. There's a big difference between a bad act and a bad character. Yes, the first can be a symptom of the later but not in all cases. If everyone was labeled by the worst thing we've done, most of us would have more than a few red flags.

Discipline is a reflection on the coaching staff. This is not a great team, but they are playing great. Clearly they have bought in to BA's schtick. No BS, no excuses, go out and do your job. That was obvious in the niners game, the cards played a smart game, even when down. By contrast, Harbaugh was in near meltdown stage and it bled onto the field.
Totally agree on the coaches. Harbaugh seems to be in perpetual whiner-boy, meltdown mode, at least from sideline antics. Hope they keep it up! :cheers:

Don't forget, these are kids with near superhuman speed and strength living life in a fishbowl. How many people would survive such scrutiny without showing some warts? Including PS, there are 2016 players on active rosters and another 1000 or so that will rotate onto rosters due to injury. There is what, 6 or 7 DV cases? That's about .3%. Yes, their actions are deplorable and unacceptable, but we should take care not to indict the others due to guilt by association. The overwhelming majority of NFL player are decent, respectable people.

I also have a problem with labeling people. There's a big difference between a bad act and a bad character. Yes, the first can be a symptom of the later but not in all cases. If everyone was labeled by the worst thing we've done, most of us would have more than a few red flags.
It appears you are correct.
http://www.theatlantic.com/national...rs-who-hit-their-wives-or-girlfriends/380329/

back to the Cardinals...

A worthy topic for discussion and eye opening articles

_-----_----------------

I LOVE the Grice pickup. Big 6 foot guy with great hands out of the backfield. Its like getting another draft pick for free. He chewed up the Cards in the preseason and ran very hard. Never can hurt to have a hometown ASU stud on our team.

Discipline is a reflection on the coaching staff. By contrast, Harbaugh was in near meltdown stage and it bled onto the field.

I thought this was humorous }http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...rians-during-the-postgame-handshake/16047459/

Maybe he was still puckered from when they showed Harbaughs face on the big screen at the game in the 4 the quarter, the fans jeered pretty loudly!

1411399692000-922-jim1.jpg

Next guy up? If God forgive Andre goes down....
One more talented offensive line squirter is a good thing.

If you are talking thumper as in Karlos, I hear ya.

Next guy up? If God forgive Andre goes down....
One more talented offensive line squirter is a good thing.

If you are talking thumper as in Karlos, I hear ya.

Thumper as in a guy who can drag Karlos down the field.

Looks like Palmer still cant throw. Drew Stanton will try for staying undefeated as a Cardinals starting QB against the Broncos at Mile high.

One game at a time!

100 percent behind Drew.
Any truth from Bickley & Marotta that they are trying to sign Lindley as a backup? If there is, looks like Carson's nerve issue is an issue.

100 percent behind Drew.
Any truth from Bickley & Marotta that they are trying to sign Lindley as a backup? If there is, looks like Carson's nerve issue is an issue.

It would be the sensible move if they need another back up but it sounds like conjecture at this point. If there's any truth to it, he would have put it in writing by now.

Crickets>?

The injury bug strikes again, (and here I thought the Browns were cursed). Calias Campell being taken out just after that great interception was the one that brought on the bummer for me..:(

Don't mind losing to the broncos, just the multitude of injuries was deflating. Have no idea on who will be qb next week. I say get Grice in there and run the ball hard between him and Ellington so Thomas can build some time to get comfortable.

Sounds like Peterson, Bethel may be back. Shaunnesy out along with Z our punter. Campbell a few games too

I think they also need to get TedGinn the hell off the field. He hurts us more than helps. Put Jaron Brown in his place imo.

The first three games or receivers caught everything, this game was absurd....8 dropped passes. Ugh

Oh well keep moving forward.

two words... Chop. Block. grrrrrrrr...

Still like the play calling.

The fact that Thomas didn't get his ass kicked for that chop block is a testament to the class and discipline of this team. It was clearly deliberate and I've seen brawls start for much less. You don't aim at people's knees, period. The donkeys did a pretty good job of running up the score after the defense was gassed and beaten up.

There's no question the receivers cost us the game. Two touchdowns dropped and at least two drives ended due to drops leading to opponent touchdowns. You can't put the defense on the field all game and expect them to hold up. This is one of the best receiving corps in the game and Ellington was the only one who looked like a pro. Did they all collectively decide they were going to suck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom