Ardentyota's 3-Link (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IDK if you did or didn't - but pulling my FR bumper was the best thing I could think of & paid off in spades for ease of ergonomics during mega sessions underhood.

I've been attacking it from the side mostly, but I'll keep this in mind! :cheers:

Alright, I plugged the final numbers into the calculator. IMO, it turned out quite nicely.

untitled.JPG

Alright, I plugged the final numbers into the calculator. IMO, it turned out quite nicely.

untitled.JPG

Thanks for posting up your numbers. I have a couple questions relating to handling.

1. How much does the front dive when you hammer on the brakes?
  2. Do you have any plans to install a sway bar on the front?

Thanks for posting up your numbers. I have a couple questions relating to handling.

1. How much does the front dive when you hammer on the brakes?
  2. Do you have any plans to install a sway bar on the front?

The truck only nose dives an inch or two. Not bad at all. The rear unloads a bit more than the front drops, but it all seems well controlled.

Originally, I planned to add a sway-bar (pre-fabrication), but now that I'm driving it, I really don't think it's necessary. The Coilovers are doing an excellent job at controlling the body roll. If anything, I might end up bumping up to 300/400 or 325/400.

Your rig desperately needs 37s! :flipoff2:

Well I finally got 'er flexed...

The outer edge of the tire is about 3-4" below the rock slider.
DSC07433.jpeg

DSC07434.jpeg

About 1# of up travel left in the shock.
DSC07435.jpeg

I forgot to measure how much droop was left.
DSC07436.jpeg

DSC07437.jpeg

No binding at all.
DSC07438.jpeg

Another 2-3" of up travel available in the rear too.
DSC07439.jpeg

DSC07440.jpeg

Overall, I'm very pleased. The front and rear are much more balanced than they were previously. Additionally, the truck was solid as a rock even while flexed. normally the truck was very unstable while flexed, but now I was trying to shake it and it wouldn't move at all.

OME Standard height
DSC08931.JPG

DSC08938.JPG

:steer::cheers:

Well done sir!

Looks great, it is so rare to see an 80 series flex that much up front.

Kudos to you for sacrificing ground clearance to get the links nice and flat and stable. Your link design looks good.

Slowerthanu said:
Looks great, it is so rare to see an 80 series flex that much up front.

Kudos to you for sacrificing ground clearance to get the links nice and flat and stable. Your link design looks good.

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Man that looks great. i just ordered 14" FOA's for my 1uz40 project. im excited to get them.

Any reason you chose 2.0 resi's over 2.5s?

Do you have an binding at the lower shock mount with the direction it is mounted?

Man that looks great. i just ordered 14" FOA's for my 1uz40 project. im excited to get them.

Any reason you chose 2.0 resi's over 2.5s?

Do you have an binding at the lower shock mount with the direction it is mounted?

Thanks! I'm really enjoying the FOA's.

I went with the 2.0's for two reasons- price and need. Since this is a crawling rig and not a desert racer, the stress on the shocks will be well within the capabilities of a 2.0 to handle. They were also easier to fit.

No binding on the lower mount with 12" travel. Before we charged the shocks, we flexed the truck with them installed to ensure that there would be no binding, and the joints have plenty of room in them for this setup. Probably could go to 14-15" shock without binding.

:steer::cheers:

A few photos from last weeks trip. Nothing extreme as I have no money and we went alone. Everything worked very well and the truck was quite stable. These were the only times the wife was willing to get out and take photos(she has too much fun riding)...

image-1052241938.jpg

image-40648470.jpg

image-3196216779.jpg

image-2276984593.jpg

image-3845511177.jpg

image-3792388573.jpg

image-3931573429.jpg

image-1052241938.jpg

image-40648470.jpg

image-3196216779.jpg

image-2276984593.jpg

image-3845511177.jpg

image-1228357886.jpg

image-3792388573.jpg

image-3931573429.jpg

Great flex looks well controlled also..!

Awesome.... I miss my 80. I need another one. I love the paint as well. Color im doing my 4runner.

That is so awesome. Nice work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom