anyone using the new folding stoves from Jetboil or Coleman? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NMBruce

SILVER Star
Threads
like the title says, anyone using Jetfoil Genesis Base Camp or Coleman Fold & Go stoves.
I need to replace a 10 year old Coleman stove, so I was looking at these and would like input from others who have uses them. The prices are way apart, but I like the compact size.

They are like two completely different products. The Coleman is a folding grill, the Jetboil is a two burner stove.
What is wrong with the 10 year old Coleman? Most of my Coleman gear is older than that by decades and still functions flawlessly.

the burners are getting hard to control

the burners are getting hard to control
Probably needs a little love in the form of a minor overhaul.
Ask for help over on the Coleman Thread, lots of guys there to help you figure it out, way cheaper than a new stove.
The Coleman Thread

Well, I have both the old 2 burner coleman white gas as well as a newly purchased fold n go (coleman).

Have not tried the fold n go yet. However.....I did find a white gas to propane conversion gizmo for the old 2 burner coleman. I believe both propane stoves (fng/old 2b stove) have the same btu using the propane.

Like the idea of the 2 burner conversion to propane because 1) have back up white gas in case of running out of propane, 2) built in wind shield.

Both occupy about same space, just different shape. both weigh close to same.

Will report back (eventually) with conversion report.

oh man. I want to see at least 25 years under the belt of any coleman I would want to buy....GLWP!!!

today I unpacked my camping equipment and the stove is coming apart, the screws that hold in the wind blockers came out and my local ACE and other lumber/hardware store can not get screws that small, any ideas?

Judging by the size of the rivets on mine, #4 or #6 size screws or their metric equivalents. They are common on computer equipment. Any electronics parts supplier that handles hardware should have them.

Judging by the size of the rivets on mine, #4 or #6 size screws or their metric equivalents. They are common on computer equipment. Any electronics parts supplier that handles hardware should have them.

Thanks, when I head to Farmington or Durango in a week or two, I see if I can find a computer repair shop.

FWIW, Fold n Go does not perform well in even mild wind conditions.

I have the Coleman fold and go. It has been taking up shelf space in the shed and collecting dust for about 4yrs.

I don't rate it highly at all. Good concept, they just didnt quite nail it.

As Spressomon said, it has NO wind shielding at all.
And when setup, it doesn't sit flat. The two halves don't quite open to 180 degrees, it's a small thing, but it used to s*** me to tears!
Also, the shape doesn't lend itself to being stackable, packable in a havily loaded truck

I have the Coleman fold and go. It has been taking up shelf space in the shed and collecting dust for about 4yrs.

I don't rate it highly at all. Good concept, they just didnt quite nail it.

As Spressomon said, it has NO wind shielding at all.
And when setup, it doesn't sit flat. The two halves don't quite open to 180 degrees, it's a small thing, but it used to s*** me to tears!
Also, the shape doesn't lend itself to being stackable, packable in a havily loaded truck

Thanks, that discription has made me decide not to get it. I can make a wind block, but not going to fight getting it flat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom