1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket seats in a FJ40

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by AZguy, Feb 26, 2009.

1. AZguy

AZguy Regular Member

Can anyone recomend an aftermarket seat that works well in an FJ40 that bolts in SOMEWHAT easy, and has working seat tracks and such.
    I am trying to compare cost of rebuilding the seats of a 78 FJ40 (they need foam AND covers) to just bolting in some junk yard bucket seats for now that look ok and are functional..

I have searched the forums, and havent seen anything that jumped out at me. Thanks!
  2. mmw68

mmw68 Supporting Vendor

I just installed some Scat pro car seats. I got them from summit racing, and bought the seat brackets as well. The seat brackets/sliders attaches directly to the FJ40 OEM seat mounts. It was a :wrench: job.

The only thing I don't like is that I sit up about a inch higher, but they sure are comfortable! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. EWheeler

EWheeler New Member

I put some Jeep TJ seats in mine. If you own a welder and a grinder, grab some scrap steel and make some brackets. TJ seats are pretty comfy for the price, I picked mine up for $100.
  4. AZguy

AZguy Regular Member

do you know ABOUT what year TJ seats??

I like the ones from summit too... NICE!
  5. EWheeler

EWheeler New Member

'97 and up should all be the same. The later ones may be different, I would say '97-'03 would work.

Here are some pics of the bracket I made (sorry don't have any pictures of the seats):

Attached Files:

6. AZguy

AZguy Regular Member

wow.. great info.. thanks! You are using the jeep seat tracks then, right?
  7. EWheeler

EWheeler New Member

Sure am. They unbolt from the stock bracket (4 studs). I ended up cutting off one stud on each seat, the rear most, because it was keeping the rear of my seat track from tightening down to the bracket.
  8. shelfboy1

shelfboy1 New Member

i just did some heated audi seats for a guy ,with a little cutting they welded to the stock sliders and bolted right in and are heated .plus i have leather blazer s10 seats in my wifes 69, forerunner buckets in my other 69 and van seats in my mud truck .there is probably many seats that will fit with a little work good luck
  9. johmbie

johmbie Regular Member

Slide and flip seats out of a early 90's honda accord go in pretty well. Tack weld the honda rails to the stock FJ mounts. Got them from a junk yard in great condition for $90.
  10. 77cruiser

77cruiser New Member

Iron Pig off road has some pretty nice ones that I anticipate going with. They are about 250 each i think.
    www.ironpigoffroad.com
  11. bmorefj40

bmorefj40 SILVER Star

MMW68- where did you get that carpet kit??? looks great. how much if you don't mind me asking.

highjack over...

12. dargreg

dargreg New Member

87 honda accord wrap write around ya easy install
  13. AZguy

AZguy Regular Member

any pics of the accord seats??
  14. bsmith123

bsmith123 New Member

Scat Pro

I have the Scat Pro's too and they are comfy. I like the stitched design too--looks classic
  15. cumminscruiser

cumminscruiser New Member

Aftermarket Seat Mounting

Here is another option, this is a kit for those of you with a welder or a buddy with one. $175.00 plus actual shipping cost.

These seats are from Kragen, about $100.00 ea. new.

PM me if interested, PayPay accepted.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009