94 door panel dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ok...so, as much as i searched couldnt find any 'straight on' image (orthographic) or CAD drawings....so i will start to do one myself.

Took photos with my mobile in high res

Measurements using a straight ruler.
dim.jpg

Into 3DS Max.....using lengths and radius intersections

maxscreen.jpg

and rectifying the images in ArcGIS (using the intersections as coordinates.
GisScreen.jpg

Rectified (orthographic) image

F_Door.jpg

now to ArchiCAD to draw the door, holes and create a draft of the panel itself.

original rear door
rdoor (2).jpg

rectified rear door

RDoor.jpg

original image in 3264x2448 pix...................rectified image 2k....will be more than enough to create CAD from (hopefully) :)

i wish they were made...thats a 3d render of my drawing.....once i confirm they fit i will be posting my CAD file for anyone to use.

thanx @retrofive .... not sure i can get that quality work done with the basic tools im using....but i hope to get something done about my panels.

do i sense a job opening :D....would be great to get out of this hell hole.

Last edited:
unfortunately.....mine is just a drawing....and i dont have a CNC machine to make it.....AND...im in Sudan, postal alone would cost more than the panels...so all those added up...it would be better to purchase musthave's ones :(

but i must say.....my graphics and 3d is shining :D

thanx @retrofive .... not sure i can get that quality work done with the basic tools im using....but i hope to get something done about my panels.

do i sense a job opening :D....would be great to get out of this hell hole.
Guess I was saying you could compare drawings. ;)

i did ask him if he could share....he agreed....unfortunately, until now, he didnt send the file.....guess he was forced to decline, seeing how well his thread is doing :(

Any updates? Planning on tackling ABS door cards soon.
What are the chances of you would share your CAD files so this engineering student can make some magic happen?
:cheers:

I don't have the skills to make things like this, so I bought a set from Australia. Wish I had the skills and equipment...

I don't have the skills to make things like this, so I bought a set from Australia. Wish I had the skills and equipment...
CAD isn't too bad to figure out. It's mostly just drawing lines and shapes, and setting dimensions. I use Autodesk Inventor for most things honestly (even though I have much more advanced CAD programs at my disposal). Once you have a flat 3D part, you can export the face and have a 3rd party company (my go-to is SendCutSend) for laser cutting/waterjet services and they'll basically do all the manual work for you and ship the parts to your door.
Bent parts get a little tricky because your have to edit the file to have bend lines in AutoCAD, not bad once you figure out how to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom