93 shifting funky (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last week I bought a second 93 cruiser, because I guess one's not enough? This new one will be my wife's daily driver, but first I need to sort out a funky shifting situation (I experienced and was aware of this when purchasing it and decided I liked the rig enough to buy it and then deal with it).

Here's what's happening:
- From a dead stop, in D and accelerating slowly and steadily it goes through first and then shifts to second.
- Shortly after shifting into second, the RPMs go up as if it's dropped to neutral or downshifted (but without the accompanying power of a downshift).
- If I feather off the accelerator, it catches (without a jerk) and then proceedes to shift normally up from there.
- Maybe related, maybe not, but when coming to a full stop, I feel it shift into first much more noticeably than with my other 93.
- From a dead stop, in D and accelerating heavily, I experience normal shifting.
- From a dead stop in 2, I experience normal shifting.

Things I've done:
- checked the ATF level, it's normal

I don't have a garage, the time, or experience to tear into the transmission myself. So, I'm mostly look for input or other troubleshooting steps I should take before turning it over to my mechanic.

Thanks in advance.
Mark D

once you have changed the Solenoid(s) change the filter while you are in there. Then do a full transmission flush. Easy to do in your driveway, I ran 16 quarts through my 97 see the description on my thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom