Builds 80 series where to start! Again.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This thing is badass in person and shipping from Finland was fast! And the price was amazing! Half of what it would cost me here.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

It is the turbo collector. Each exhaust runner will come out of the head to this collector and then the turbo bolts to it. The exhaust gases flow to this, get narrowed down to increase velocity, they spin the turbine, the turbine spins the compressor, and that's how you get extra air.

What is the side entrance for?

It is for the wastegate, it is what bleeds off the exhaust gases to control boost so that you are not running full boost all the time. It is pressure set by using different springs, and then you further control when and how much the wastegate opens by using boost pressure on the back side of the diaphragm. That exhaust gas is then sent either out through a "scream" pipe or back into the downpipe.

4779.jpeg

I won't be using a turbosmart, I will be using a Tial, but they are almost identical now days. But they had better pics and a video so I could better describe.

What is the side entrance for?

Last edited:
Hmmm so Rays is saying no wheels in the original color (Diamond Black) that I wanted for quite a while.

They could probably have a set of Blue or Bronze here a much much earlier than that.

I really do not know how I feel about the matte blue or matte bronze. Opinions?

Bronze
TE37ultra_L_05.jpg

Blue
TE37ultra_L_06.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm so Rays is saying no wheels in the original color (Diamond Black) that I wanted for quite a while.

They could probably have a set of Blue or Bronze here a month earlier than that.

Bronze
TE37ultra_L_05.jpg

Blue
TE37ultra_L_06.jpg

On a BLACK truck? NO! Only the black/black or black/gray or black/silver.

They could probably have a set of Blue or Bronze here a much much earlier than that.

Bronze
TE37ultra_L_05.jpg

Blue
TE37ultra_L_06.jpg
I like it. I did a buddy's wheels on his WRX in candy copper (kinda bronzish) on black carbon fiber wrap car and it was awesome. Also did straight up satin bronze on some wheels for an M5 and those were sweet too. Bold but not gawdy

Not the blue, but think the bronze could work.

Hmmm I am torn. Maybe I will just wait on the black. I think the bronze could be ok, but kind of gimmicky and probably wouldn't age well. lol. But I am impatient and like boxes showing up. lol.

Your build thread has me thinking how sweet it would be to drop a 1FZ into a RWD car, turbo it, and enjoy ! I bet you could make a custom oil pan and sump that was shallower in order to get the thing down in there. Its also got me thinking that because I plan to pull the motor in the 97 later this month, I may have to set it up for some light boost. The lack of power has really been bumming me out lately.

P.S. your collector is sweet.

It would be cool, but it isn't going to be a sports car. A lead sled might be cool! An old classic. lol.

Some light boost??? No some heavy boost! I have been proving everyday as my daily driver the 1FZ is up to 15psi in stock form. Stock bottom end with 165,000 miles :)

Your build thread has me thinking how sweet it would be to drop a 1FZ into a RWD car, turbo it, and enjoy ! I bet you could make a custom oil pan and sump that was shallower in order to get the thing down in there. Its also got me thinking that because I plan to pull the motor in the 97 later this month, I may have to set it up for some light boost. The lack of power has really been bumming me out lately.

P.S. your collector is sweet.

Decisions made. Going to go bronze.....

It actually will work! So I went and grabbed dinner and while in my LX I noticed a couple issues I was wresting with. I am going to redo the interior in the new truck and I really want do it all in black. The hangup was the dash. I thought it was light colored like the seats but it isn't it is brown like the bronze wheels! So that and the Bride seats have the brown detail. Yep I think this is actually going to look pretty sharp!

F91NNZ_425x425.jpg

$_20.JPG

It would be cool, but it isn't going to be a sports car. A lead sled might be cool! An old classic. lol.

Some light boost??? No some heavy boost! I have been proving everyday as my daily driver the 1FZ is up to 15psi in stock form. Stock bottom end with 165,000 miles :)

Stock bottom end, but not stock fueling ;) I'm just wanting to get my feet wet at this point. Maybe be able to use the passing lane on the highway, or stay in 4th gear going up a slight grade.

Here's a couple pics of my buddy's WRX. I did the wheels in candy copper and he ran that for a while, then he went with candy blue. Both looked cool.
IMG950878.jpg
IMG950876.jpg

Thanks to mud member @dogfishlake it look like this is going to happen tomorrow, cut from 1/2"! Then it can be off to the fabricator with the turbo flange! Excited.

20150701_143516.jpg
20150701_143606.jpg
20150701_143620.jpg

You should receive your flange Monday! I wanna see this thing happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom