Builds 80 series where to start! Again.... (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Id be interested in the ARB for my 97. I was just up in Glen Allen this weekend.

I'm going to be in WI for a large chunk of July, but would love to work something out.

PM me if someone hasnt already laid dibs on it.

Steve

Keep an eye on this thread. We could probably work something out for when you are back from WI. Like I said I would like to either just swap for a "perfect" condition stock front bumper or the cost of the ARB would be whatever the cost of the new OEM bumper would cost me.

Keep an eye on this thread. We could probably work something out for when you are back from WI. Like I said I would like to either just swap for a "perfect" condition stock front bumper or the cost of the ARB would be whatever the cost of the new OEM bumper would cost me.

In order of "dibs":
@LS1FJ40
@BILT4ME
@stevezero

When the day comes that you will be driving back across country, stop in KC and we can trade stock front bumper (LC) and the ARB. I'll even have the bumper painted to whatever color you want ahead of time. I have my stock front bumper that I have had off, cleaning up due to rock chips and dings as well as the end caps.

If you tell me what color you want, I will have it painted that color now, and then when that day comes, we can trade. That's my offer. I have no time limit on it right now. Otherwise, I will continue with the Duplicolor graphite wheel paint on it and install it on mine and drive it until you tell me you're coming my way, then pull it, strip it, paint it. But I'll need a couple weeks notice.

Cooldeal! Thanks. My stock bumper would need a respray, but there are no dents or damage. I can see how much a respray would cost locally with your paint code..Or I can give ya a case of Rustoleum Gray Hammered finish. If i respray locally, ill just blanket wrap it for the drive up inside the truck.

If I'm lower down the dibs list, I'm cool with that. Dont want to snipe anyone from it.

Lol, well dibs is great, but if you are not in the Richmond area and willing to take the damn thing off, I am sorry but you may not qualify for this give away. Just like when I gave away my roof rack. I am sure I could ship it, etc. But for me it is a convenience issue. I need to get the ARB off long before I drive it back across the country. First few steps will be dropping it and getting the flares, etc off. And it would look ridiculous with an ARB dropped. lol.

Who knows where I will end up next. I am sure there will be more "Ryan's an idiot and needs to get rid of s***" giveaways in the future. lol.

Yeah nothing on this truck will be getting sprayed with rattle can. :flipoff2:

The truck isn't even here yet. Like I said watch this thread. We will see what happens.

Cooldeal! Thanks. My stock bumper would need a respray, but there are no dents or damage. I can see how much a respray would cost locally with your paint code..Or I can give ya a case of Rustoleum Gray Hammered finish. If i respray locally, ill just blanket wrap it for the drive up inside the truck.

If I'm lower down the dibs list, I'm cool with that. Dont want to snipe anyone from it.

Sounds like there is a good chance you will have it cosmetically how you want and be driving it while you continue to work on the performance pieces. I hope so, I would like to see how this looks sooner than later.:steer: I can then patiently watch the motor, tranny, ecu, fuel etc get worked out. :)

Hey Ryan, I have a brand new bumper and lightly used side pieces. I live about 3 hours from Portland. I could switch them out if it hasn't left yet. The main bumper is UN painted black primer metal and the side pieces are silver.

Last edited:
Strictly,

Sorry I might have jumped the gun announcing that I would give the ARB away. I don't want to do anything until the truck gets to Richmond. I want to receive it exactly as the seller sold it. I would like to limit any possibility of finger pointing if something isn't right. I don't want the seller to be able to say it was your fault for changing out the bumper etc.

I do appreciate the offer though.

Yeah I didn't even think of that. Good thinking. I ordered that new bumper then decided I just wanted to build one but return shipping was almost what I paid for it. I guess I will just have to have the stock look for a while.

Can't wait to see what your going to do with the new one.

What are you going to school for? I thought I was crazy going to school full time and doing what I'm doing swapping bodies and motors and such. What your doing is a whole different level of crazy though.

Jason

OK. I officially remove my "dibs". I want a bumper with a winch port, whether I go with a Slee Short bus or the ARB Bull Bar. I'll live with my stock bumper and CHROME damage multiplier for a while yet.

My "dibs" was only really joking. I don't want no stinkin' ARB anyway! :flipoff2:

Ok, just kidding, I'd totally take an ARB but I was only joking about the truck driver meeting me at a truck stop...

The end goal is called a Doctor of Nursing Anesthetic Practice, it is to an Anesthesiologist, as a Nurse Practitioner is to an MD.

I kind of like to think of it as not crazy and more eccentric. Could I have gone out and bought a new STI, Evo, etc with the amount I am going to spend on a dumb old truck. Yep sure could have. But how many of those do you see driving around? lol. I guarantee you will not see another dumped 80, on Volks, anywhere in the US. Sure there might be a reason for that, hence the eccentric. ha.

Yeah I didn't even think of that. Good thinking. I ordered that new bumper then decided I just wanted to build one but return shipping was almost what I paid for it. I guess I will just have to have the stock look for a while.

Can't wait to see what your going to do with the new one.

What are you going to school for? I thought I was crazy going to school full time and doing what I'm doing swapping bodies and motors and such. What your doing is a whole different level of crazy though.

Jason

So, you'll be the one we have to blame for Fast and the Furious 14. Where Vin Diesel is rolling an 80 through Cartegena, shooting flames out the sides, with Lambo doors. JFC! Gee thanks. I couldn't handle driving my 93.5 Supra around and every jack leg fool "Dude, is that the car from Fast and Furious?!?! SAWEEET!" And wanting to race me. Ugh. If that happens to 80s I will hunt you down!!!! DAMN YOU RYAN!!!!!:bang: (Why is there not an emoticon for shaking my fist at you?!?!)

My daughter is getting the same degree. :beer:

@Heckraiser where is she going to school? I don't think CO has a DNAP school. It would have been really nice if they did!

Kind of ironic that the nursing school for anesthesiology is called taking DNAP........

My "dibs" was only really joking. I don't want no stinkin' ARB anyway! :flipoff2:

Ok, just kidding, I'd totally take an ARB but I was only joking about the truck driver meeting me at a truck stop...

Funny, I wasn't kidding about meeting the truck driver to remove/replace parts. I've done it before....Yes: Legally. My brother used to be the Shop Superintendent for a trucking company, so we would ship parts back and forth with specific drivers if they were coming through the area. I frequently met a driver on the side of the interstate at 2:30 AM to pick up or drop off.

I would also go track down reefer trailers in the middle of the night to refuel them so they wouldn't lose an entire trailer full of swinging meat. (yes, that's what I said....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom