Registry 80 Series Registry (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1991 - 281,xxx Daily Driver - No name yet (still getting to know her)
35X12.50R15 - Roof Rack - Pioneer Stereo System
Plans are for a mild overland build - fridge, bed, compressor, lift, (not in that order) :beer::beer::beer:
10374518_974810815886434_399994097661579080_n (1).jpg

1996 Fzj80

Mo

'Tank' wo/ RTT & 'Awax' w/RTT yes she has a split personality.

300,000 km

I have had her for a about a year now. Needed a long range truck for long ass trips, family outings and camping trips. The FJ 40 couldn't handle the extra load. Now that I have kids that like to go off-roading the fj80 was a no brainer.

This is when we met for the first time

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429267109.567793.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429267129.280096.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429267148.165244.jpg

Installed

Have a OME 2 inch list and some spacers from Slee.

Installed CDL button from Slee

Borla cat back exhaust.

A bunch of undercarriage protection from slee.

RTT from Rahal.

Running boards from Metaltech.

New front and rear bumpers.

Attached a front hitch for a portable winch and other things.

Front seats changed to Corbeau Suspension Seat.

Weather tech floor mats and wind deflectors on both bonnet and doors.

New square double spot headlights.

Cleaned

Cleaned the vehicle thoroughly. Dismantled complete ac unit cleaned and changed all sealing sponge and foams.

Washed carpet and original seat covers and fixed the padding and put new seat covers ( locally made ) and then covered them in a weatherproof covers also made locally.

Replaced

Replaced speedometer, brake booster and master, power steering box, head cover gasket, interior lights all upgraded to led bulbs.

To do / wish list

TRD Supercharger or V8 Conversion

Head unit upgrade to an iPad.

Get a better quality RTT.

Install an on board ARB twin compressor for air supply.

Configure a platform in the trunk for the ARB fridge, Storage boxes and PowerTank that will all bolt into the trunk area.

Front and rear leather factory leather seats.

Front and rear diff locked axles.

Long range fuel tanks

Water tanks

Fabricate

A hammock frame for the front hitch.

Current projects

Figuring out a cabin air filtration solution.

I had ordered a new thick black carpet but it got destroyed because the sender put my billing name on the bloody order and the freight forwarder didn't match it to my PO Box. : ( so will need to order another one

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429267175.300178.jpg

Last edited:
Benny
Lily
194+ miles
Cdl and 7 pin mod.
Diff lock switch high or low with or without cdl
220 amp alternator
Ome 2" lift with pro comp shocks
200 watts solar panels
Full roof rack by wilderness
18 gallon water tank + 12 gallon water tank wrapped around the roof rack
Arb fridge
Triple battery
8000 lbs winch
Jdm spare carrier
HID head lights and driving lights
front and rear camera
LED lights on the sides, back and inside
Cb radio for communication + cell booster amp.
home made tarp awning side and rear
Plus a lot more

1429410369525.jpg

1429410393142.jpg

Last edited:
New 4.2 landcruiser 003.JPG New 4.2 landcruiser 014.JPG 1. 1995 :HDJ80 (24 valve diesel)
2. Asif
3. Brenda the devastator (chosen by childrens commitee)
4. 160k
5. Standard awaiting mods
6. Rested and driven rarely awaiting prep and global overland.

Sold my 91' 3FE and picked up this 94' in January. It's a little leaky and was somewhat neglected. I've mostly just been stripping weight so far. Blacked out the hood, truck-lined the flares, rockers and bumpers, added cup holders, added center diff locker switch and mod, replaced all the lights, added 2" spacers, new tires and rattle-canned rims. Basically anything I could do for under $300. Future plans are a new exhaust, head gasket, and remove the factory roof rack and line the top.
Wish list is to slap an OME 4" suspension, tire carrier, and BIO Front Tube Bumper. Just need to set up a gofundme.com account if I ever want to see the last 3 happen...

Day After I Got It:

28jXtTz.jpg

How It Sits Now:

dLxkmNn.jpg

jDLhezD.jpg

aQ9JE7e.jpg

1996 Fzj80

'Tank' wo/ RTT & 'Awax' w/RTT yes she has a split personality.

300,000 km

I have had her for a about a year now. Needed a long range truck for long ass trips, family outings and camping trips. The FJ 40 couldn't handle the extra load. Now that I have kids that like to go off-roading the fj80 was a no brainer.

This is when we met for the first time

View attachment 1062723

View attachment 1062724

View attachment 1062725

Installed

Have a OME 2 inch list and some spacers from Slee.

Installed CDL button from Slee

Borla cat back exhaust.

A bunch of undercarriage protection from slee.

RTT from Rahal.

Running boards from Metaltech.

New front and rear bumpers.

Attached a front hitch for a portable winch and other things.

Front seats changed to Corbeau Suspension Seat.

Weather tech floor mats and wind deflectors on both bonnet and doors.

New square double spot headlights.

Cleaned

Cleaned the vehicle thoroughly. Dismantled complete ac unit cleaned and changed all sealing sponge and foams.

Washed carpet and original seat covers and fixed the padding and put new seat covers ( locally made ) and then covered them in a weatherproof covers also made locally.

Replaced

Replaced speedometer, brake booster and master, power steering box, head cover gasket, interior lights all upgraded to led bulbs.

To do / wish list

TRD Supercharger or V8 Conversion

Head unit upgrade to an iPad.

Get a better quality RTT.

Install an on board ARB twin compressor for air supply.

Configure a platform in the trunk for the ARB fridge, Storage boxes and PowerTank that will all bolt into the trunk area.

Front and rear leather factory leather seats.

Front and rear diff locked axles.

Long range fuel tanks

Water tanks

Fabricate

A hammock frame for the front hitch.

Current projects

Figuring out a cabin air filtration solution.

I had ordered a new thick black carpet but it got destroyed because the sender put my billing name on the bloody order and the freight forwarder didn't match it to my PO Box. : ( so will need to order another one

View attachment 1062726
What wheel and tyre sizes are you running ??

Great LC :)

1) 1997 FJZ 80 (MFG Date 7/97)
2) Paul & Shannon
3) "River Cruiser"
4) 171,000
5) Lots of stuff done by previous owner... front and rear bumpers, winch, roof rack with LED bar, lifted with TJM springs and steering stabilizer, clear headlights, LED tail lights and several other goodies... Stuff we have done so far... Marlin Crawler installed low gears in t-case, spool, and part time hub conversion, Marlins steering linkage for drag link and tie rod. All new EBC pads and rotors and the wife's favorite... Weathertech front to rear... I guess she likes the killer sound system and DVD set up too. Working on sub tank install right now for the extra range and the rear ARB to start on lockers.

6) Wife's Daily Driver/ Running to the river house

View attachment 1050781 View attachment 1050782 View attachment 1050783
What kind of subtank you using?

Hi every body, here it is my new Land Cruiser

1. 01/1996 HDJ80 24v VXV
2. Vince
3. The Green Pearl
4. 294 000km
5. Front and rear OEM lockers, TJM front bumper, Warn 9.5 xp front winch, N4 Offroad skids plates, King Spring springs, Koni Heavy Track Raid absorbers, DBA disc brakes, air/air front intercooler, Garrett turbocharger, Safari snorkel, rear bumper and barwork homemade, 130L auxilary tank....
6. Daily and trips used

image.jpg
image.jpg

1. 1996 Land Cruiser - White with gray interior
2. Wesley
3. The Beast - my wife gave it that name
4. 155,000
5. Stock - just bought it
6. Beach Truck / Project / hobby truck
7. Photos

20150420_183415 (640x360).jpg

20150420_183431 (640x360) (1).jpg

20150420_183442 (640x360).jpg

20150420_183458 (640x360).jpg

97 Land Cruiser Blue interior/Tan interior
Jerrod
Not named yet
Factory locked
3.5 OME
ARB front bumper W/10000 lb winch
4x4labs rear bumper
Dual batteries
Spots and floods
LED interior lights
Snorkel
Gobi roof rack
Sliders
FJ Cruiser steel wheels
BFG KO2's
Etc....
How its used: I does it all and it does it well.

image.jpg

1. 1994 FZJ80.
2. Owner? Me.
3. Haven't quite decided on a name yet.
4. 193k miles as I write this. Body is in good condition, interior is great (blue cloth, oh yeah!).
5. PIAA fogs and driving lights (currently awaiting install/wiring), ARB Bullbar with custom Smittybilt XRC10 winch mount (had to cut a hole - non winch bumper) and synthetic rope, OME 2.5" medium lift caster correction and damper, single DIN head unit upgrade with CB, Ham radio (license pending), light bar/traffic adviser on the roof (for helping folks with flat tires and for use when towing with the tow dolly), Center Diff Lock Switch and 7 pin mod (full manual), a few LED interior light upgrades, 33" MTR's. Still gotta get sliders, rear bumper, and a few other things, (scheduled to have Slee install front and rear ARB diff lockers and ARB's twin compressor mid June - super excited about that!), but the build is coming along.
6. The tuck is my daily driver at the moment. Been thinking of getting a little CR-V or similar for work. I drive a lot (run a mobile repair business) and 14 mpg doesn't make a lotta sense. She does great towing my little flatbed which occasionally hauls a Gold Wing or maybe just topsoil for the garden. Haven't been wheeling near as much as I'd like in the year I've had her, but she does well on the trail so far (haven't wheeled it yet with the 2.5" lift and I'm very much looking forward to getting the lockers in and putting them to use).

IMG_2579.JPG

IMG_2635.JPG

IMG_2588.JPG

IMG_2544.JPG

IMG_2619.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom