Registry 80 Series Registry (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1993 FZJ80 Locked
2. Jeff McPike
3. Landy
4. 221,000
5. None yet! Working on lots of PM. Lift,Wheels,Bumpers are in the works.
6. Daily Driver and Camping Rig
IMG_7931_zpslldnucbo.png

IMG_7936_zps4wijabdo.png

IMG_7927_zpscmbtqupt.jpg

93 FZJ 80
Dominic Lancaster
Dirty Diana
OME springs and shocks, 35" Wrangler Duratracs, almost everything under the head is rebuilt or new
Camping, off-road, family road-trips, daily-driver (sometimes bcuz I love driving it)
see my profile pic for photo

93 FZJ 80
Dominic Lancaster
Dirty Diana
OME springs and shocks, 35" Wrangler Duratracs, almost everything under the head is rebuilt or new
Camping, off-road, family road-trips, daily-driver (sometimes bcuz I love driving it)
see my profile pic for photo
lc 80 chiva.jpg
lc lifted.jpg
lc80.jpg

lc shiny.jpg

1. 1993 FZJ 80
2. Lori and Bobo
3. OSOKRZY
4. 183K
5. Couple of bolt on grills
6. Daily Driver/excursion vehicle

Howdy Y'All

Well, we added an item from the wife's bucket list of "Vehicles I'd Like to Own". Goes right along side the Early Bronco and the Jeep CJ5 in the shop. After years of snagging her the "Oh That's sort-a cool" off the dealer lot, the last being an Acura ZDX, she decided she wanted a Land Cruiser. We have had/have 2 Tundra's (still driving a 2010) and an FJ Cruiser (OSOSXSY) and really have grown to love and appreciate Toyota quality so the older Land cruiser was a welcome add.

So we found this 1993 after looking locally and in near by states since Christmas; Two owner and relatively low mile not to mention very straight and clean.

Have a list of what I think will be minor things to correct:
1) Sluggish steering/handling
2) Front brakes that have a bit sponginess and then growl/grab/pop at the end.
3) Valve gasket and pan weeping slightly.
4) Correcting the cause of a Code 24 that the previous owner says has been in place for almost a year.
5) New Mirrors (current ones held in place with zip-ties)

Have a nice list of things wanting to add to the new acquisition:
1) 2-3" lift
2) Perhaps some Amp Research running boards
3) Double DIN stereo with DVD nav and rear camera.
4) Convert the rear axle to disc brakes
5) Perhaps eventually an LS-3 swap when the time comes to address the engine.

I'm not new to forums and I will try and make best use of the search engine but I expect to have some questions of others real life experiences with some of the things to come. I also welcome random input from those who read this and say "What are you thinking!" or "That's a really bad idea."

Thanks in advance for the great opportunity to share this ride with this group.

Traakon

10255915_10152859885112632_2207888785823486799_o.jpg

1) 1997 FJZ 80 (MFG Date 7/97)
2) Paul & Shannon
3) "River Cruiser"
4) 171,000
5) Lots of stuff done by previous owner... front and rear bumpers, winch, roof rack with LED bar, lifted with TJM springs and steering stabilizer, clear headlights, LED tail lights and several other goodies... Stuff we have done so far... Marlin Crawler installed low gears in t-case, spool, and part time hub conversion, Marlins steering linkage for drag link and tie rod. All new EBC pads and rotors and the wife's favorite... Weathertech front to rear... I guess she likes the killer sound system and DVD set up too. Working on sub tank install right now for the extra range and the rear ARB to start on lockers.

6) Wife's Daily Driver/ Running to the river house

IMG_0132.JPG
IMG_0133.JPG
IMG_0134.JPG

1. Year and model, 1992 FJ80.

2. Name of owner, Michael

3. Name of rig, Yeti (See picture)

4. Mileage, 293,227 Miles

5. Mods...if any. Roof rack & running boards gone. New duratracs.
My game/dream plan, "drame plan," drive it. Save up $$$ and when something bad happens, or when I have enough $$$, then it would like a freshly built 3fe stroker (3fe head on a 2f block) mated to a new h55f trannie. A 1.5" body lift to fit the engine, 33's, a locker in the rear, bumpers, new paint, Etc...

6. How the truck is used. DD, hunting and camping rig, exploration vehicle.

7. Photo. again...small to save space :)
Snowy Fj80.JPG

Last edited:
1. 1995 FZJ80 Unlocked
2. Eric & Christy
3. Acorn (see first post)
4. 192k
5. OME lift, ARB, Baja Rack
6. Daily driver, vacation trips to Zion, Moab etc

Its a 2 owner but have some PM to do, tune up, knuckle job, leaking ps pump and the distributor seal. Have owned for a couple of weeks so far and love it.

DSC_0408.JPG
DSC_0414.JPG
DSC_0418.JPG
DSC_0419.JPG

Factory locked
Part time transfercase
2.5 OME
34" Nittos on 17" Motometals

Picked this up a couple weeks ago for $1500. She's a little rusty but the price was right. Picked up the wheels and tires used. Got the lift from Samir on here. Lokka part time kit, wouldn't trade that for anything, WAY nicer driving. My first LC. Living it so far!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hullo from PDX Oregon -

Last December we picked up a beautiful factory locked 1993 FZJ80 in emerald green.

Was owned by the original owner for about 21 years. He and his wife kept meticulous records from purchase on, and took great care of her.

Next owner was a LC fiend (mostly a 60-series guy) who mostly baselined her and then took her with his family on a cross country trip to Yellowstone, IIRC.

I picked her up with 217k on the clock, and recently completed the last of the baseline stuff, including the PHH and a new radiator. She should be good to go for some time now. I put on Goodyear Duratracs in 285/75/16 and have been slowly cleaning her up.

Next up is a full detail, OME lift (heavy front, med rear), and a winch of some sort for the ARB bumper she has up front.

Love this truck. Drives like a dream and is gorgeous. :)

DJ

Hullo from PDX Oregon -

Last December we picked up a beautiful factory locked 1993 FZJ80 in emerald green.

Was owned by the original owner for about 21 years. He and his wife kept meticulous records from purchase on, and took great care of her.

Next owner was a LC fiend (mostly a 60-series guy) who mostly baselined her and then took her with his family on a cross country trip to Yellowstone, IIRC.

I picked her up with 217k on the clock, and recently completed the last of the baseline stuff, including the PHH and a new radiator. She should be good to go for some time now. I put on Goodyear Duratracs in 285/75/16 and have been slowly cleaning her up.

Next up is a full detail, OME lift (heavy front, med rear), and a winch of some sort for the ARB bumper she has up front.

Love this truck. Drives like a dream and is gorgeous. :)

DJ

Need pics!

1993 FZJ80 unlocked
Brennan
Black Jack
3 1/2 old man emu lift, 17' fuel mavricks, 34' toyo mts, RCV chromoly axles in the front axle, ebay snorkle
Daily driver/weekend toy

Got it all stock back in october and have done all the work my self sense then.
cruiser.jpg

Owner: Shawn (Chango Blanco)
Model: '93 FZJ80
Mileage: 99,500

All stock but baselining and baselined.

Replaced:
Radiator, water pump, fan clutch (blue base), thermostat, a/c compressor, all belts and pulleys, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, valve gasket, reusable, hoses...blah blah blah...all OEM. Plus swapped out the ECU with the newer model (PN 89661-60221). Some of this may have been unnecessary...but did it as PM while everything was easily accessible...and I'm OCD like most on this site.

Planned mods:
Ironman 2-inch progressive lift
33's (so I don't have to regear) Nah, probably go with 315s
ARB air lockers Nope, grabbing e-locked axles from another '93 I picked up
Winch bumper (thinking Slee)
Roof rack (PrInSu Design Studio)
Fire Extinguisher Mount (Wit's End)
Swing out rear bumper

Used as daily driver, work, and family camping.
IMG_20150409_100049.jpg

Last edited:
Owner: Cha and Ellen
Model: 97 LX450-Locked
mileage: 215k
Mods: MetalTech4x4 front bumper, with more to come.
Use: Daily driver for now, Expo/Overland vehicle

Bought a little over a month ago, put 4k miles on it exploring Norcal and getting ready for Moab at the end of May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom