Registry 80 Series Registry (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got back from California with my 96 and already used the lockers in the sand. These tires don't do it justice...

IMG_20150516_200605_672.jpg

1. '97 FZJ80 (inexplicably rust free)
2. Ormsby
3. Lrrr
4. Odo 420k, Engine 265k and purrin like a kitten... a drooling, leaking kitten
5. In build process: Done; 4" Slee, 315 Yoko MT, Slee SS brake lines all around. In process; Arb front, w/warn m8000, light bar, $38 Chinese snorkel (for A-pillar support), replace tape deck with childrens andriod tablet and mini waterproof amp. Future; rack, rear air bumper and compressor, aux fuel tank, shift kit, hand throttle, etc.
6. Local torture testing of modifications now, ill advised over landing and boondock camping when basic build is complete.
7. Found a beach while testing the slee.

1. 1992 FZJ80
2. Sam H
3. Miracle Motor
4. 155K?
5. nothing it's perfect
6. Daily driver
Dxl5oOFWUoupjkMRBvGtsjer3NxSNc_vOlVeacNwSAUaP0Echr1anyo-Q1v5zv6HEUEvvpeIQUuNXcMBO5auN20NQsdbpFYwTMc=w1576-h635
QpEPRaiqKzg8R2uNPLj7gieEsMJZtU5cZl7wiSTHlMyJCjwRz-NQPYN-IOgfw8XZL5GIlzAz7LzN9RiILPZV_91JaAiHvIrSovA=w1576-h679

bought this a few months ago, and lurking the forums ever since. I love this ugly old truck. The one thing it needed immediately when i bought it was a new steering pump. Hugely neglected by PO. I've only started doing basic maintenance on it this week- transfer case oil, transmission and coolant flush , engine oil, filter and pan (major oil leak).

TODO: remove the side skirts, diff oil change, some new hoses here and there, new distributor cap, find a nice front bumper for it. May be the big 3 cable upgrade.

The engine idles so smooth i dont know if it actually needs anything.

Finally found a LC for my son who turns 16 in August, '96 locked with 209K. Nice truck, just needed a little TLC and maintenance.

He wanted mine but with the 6.5 TD swap, that just was not going to happen. I am just glad he wanted an 80 still. It met my (3) criteria for his first vehicle, big, heavy and slow. :)

Parts we robbed from mine so far: wheels, tires, CD player and various other parts. We have spent several good hours so far working on it and letting him take ownership of his (soon to be) new ride. Very cool to see him excited and proud of something that is almost 20 years old......
20150525_113651.jpg

I think a registry for 80s is a great idea! Mr. White is a 94, former magazine cruiser, 4wheeler project 80. Would like to hear from other socal cruiser owners. I used to be a Toyota tech who after 10 years is back into wheeling and love my 80! Saw the original magazine article several years ago and thought, that's the perfect vehicle for me. Was lucky to find that same vehicle for sale and told the wife, in buying it! Pics to follow!

I'm not that familiar with forums etc so hope I'm doing this right...

1. '94 HDJ 80, F/R lockers, European edition w dual battery etc
2. Phil - quite a newbie at using a wrench etc but enjoying it and using the info on this forum a lot.
3. Roach
4. 350k km
5. Mods...if any OME 1" medium shocks/coils, roof tent, other small things (low budget)
6. Bought in london and drove it to Namibia, Africa. Has hit massive potholes at 60kph in Nigeria; sandrifts at 80kph in Morocco; taken out a stopped and packed minibus at 60kph in Downtown Lagos; pulled out a flatbed truck which was half hanging off a bridge in rural ghana; Been filled with petrol by an absent-minded attendant (and driver) in Nigeria; getaway car from crooked cops and gang members (sometimes they cover both categories) in Mauritania... ghana.. Togo.. Benin.. Nigeria....; and been the star of many an epic sunset, mountain range, beach, fishing/surfing expedition, and african cultural event. Each time it has never missed a beat, even after the crash - still running like a dream ready to go.
7. First shot as I bought it. Second as it sat post-accident in Nigeria. Currently getting some TLC on the front diff (see post - I'm a bit stumped)

IMG_1547[1].JPG

IMG_3526[1].JPG

1. 1996 FZJ80
2. 140k
3. Fareed
4. "Khaleesi" - the queen of the desert
5. 3x locked factory, OME 5" lift, X9 Superwinch, ARB front and rear bumpers, Tradesman Oval roof rack, Wrangler Kevlar 315/75R16, Safari Snorkel, sliders, 1ton drive shaft, oversized tire carrier
6. Keeping her clean as long as possible
00000_eNuihZi2siJ_600x450.jpg

00s0s_7cFpPp5GZkl_600x450.jpg

Only just joined, have had my 80 a year and a half now. I have been reading and learning from this forum from the day I bought her. So thanks everyone and I think it is finally time to share.

1. '97 HZJ80, 40th Anniversary Commemorative Edition
2. Mitch Williams
3. Annie
4. 320,000 kms
5. 2" spring lift
Polyair air bag suspension
AVM free-wheel hubs
Dual Bosche batteries
Pioneer single din head unit, Pioneer rear speakers
40th anniversary rims repainted, 285/75R16 BFG all-terrain
GME Electrophone TX3200 UHF Radio
Safari Snorkel
ROCKARMOR premium steel winch bar
Genie extractors
Lukey 2.5" exhaust
IPF 900 spotties
Halo projector head lights (halogen globes)
Outbax Camping 2.5x3m awning
LED after market tail lights, clear side and front indicators
Keyless entry
LED dome, dashboard cluster, buttons and instrument lights
Tintacar Octane tinting

Homemade step sliders to come! :D
6. Daily driver, wheeling whenever I can (less than I would like... :()
bush.jpg
halos.png
rear.png
Annie.jpg

1. 1997 Collectors Edition
2.Todd
3. Frank the Tank (Guzzles gas like Beer)
4. 265,000
5. OME lift, ARB front with 12k.
6. Mostly daily driver
7. No good photo yet....

Hi guys, I'm from Kenya, Africa.
Got my first 80 few months back and here's my first post :)
Love the forum, helped me get a lot of things done properly.
_20150612_2148512.JPG

Name of owner: Saagar

Year and model: HDJ81 1994

Name of rig: Monster (as my friends call it)
Mileage: 230k
GOPR2529.JPG

Features:

Rear Locker. Front Locker soon.
Dual batteries
Love the new 185W Spots (one flood, one pencil beam) esp for Night bush drives
14inch 60W LED bars wired with High beam headlights.
LED fog lights in bullbar
Rear LED light (for reversing and camping)
55W HID spots x 4 to come on the roof rack
M/T tyres
Fridge
Pioneer 6.2 inch for USB, bluetooth, rear and front camera(helps in traffic)
Kenwood speakers.
New seats front and rear.
Power inverter.
Exhaust jack

G0163840.JPG

GOPR2843.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

How the truck is used: Daily driver, unstoppable weekend warrior. Best decision made in this country. Too many beautiful places to explore

1. 96 FZJ80
2. Josh
3. THE BEAST
4. 265,000
5. Removed Bumpers, Steps in prep for Custom Build Bumpers and Sliders I needed new side mirrors and drivers rear flare... will soon have new rubber and wheels.
6. Towing and FUN
7. See First Photos after weight loss.

If you want to help with my build please feel free to direct me to a EMU Lift kit and any other mods that would make my rig more usable.

Pass%20Side%20View_zpsc9qk6ipm.jpg

Driver%20Side%20View_zpsapue51ci.jpg

LC%20Rear_zpsggulxmml.jpg

Just bought my first Land Cruiser and new to the forum.
1. 1995 FZJ80
2. Aloha_Jen
3. 214K
4. Stock...for now.
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom