80 Series Light Bar Concept (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
instagram.com
So I've been trying to think of a way to have some added light but I want it to be as hidden and normal looking as possible. Im sure tons of people have thought of this but is it a viable option? Has anybody done it?

lightbarconcept.jpg

lightbarconcept2.jpg

I haven't seen that per se. Good idea. Did you do it or is it just photoshop. If you did it, deets are required.

I know guys have put LEDs in ARB bumpers where the turn signals go. This would be pretty much the same thing except a rounded piece of metal. Might be difficult to make it look "right".

I know guys have put LEDs in ARB bumpers where the turn signals go. This would be pretty much the same thing except a rounded piece of metal. Might be difficult to make it look "right".
Making it look "right" would definitely be tricky. It would need some work that I dont know how to do.

I played with that concept. I even bought some Cree 11" 60 watt spot light bar LED's. The problem is the bumper filler is curved where the light would go and in order to point them straight the insides have to be recessed back. This would take quite a bit of body work to look stock. Anyone interested in the light bars and wants to give it a try, I will sell a pair for 90 shipped.

I played with that concept. I even bought some Cree 11" 60 watt spot light bar LED's. The problem is the bumper filler is curved where the light would go and in order to point them straight the insides have to be recessed back. This would take quite a bit of body work to look stock. Anyone interested in the light bars and wants to give it a try, I will sell a pair for 90 shipped.
I might want to give it a try. If I were not to do the body work, would they be protruding or at a funny angle or?

Agreed. It would definitely be cool. I hope you figure it out so and make a way for it to be done really easy so I can do it and not have to put a bunch of time in to it. :)

I might want to give it a try. If I were not to do the body work, would they be protruding or at a funny angle or?

They would actually be recessed and the upper and lower lip of the bumper filler would be trimmed. This is where the existing OEM light mounts to. The Light bar would mount to the wall behind.

Agreed. It would definitely be cool. I hope you figure it out so and make a way for it to be done really easy so I can do it and not have to put a bunch of time in to it. :)
You're asking a lot from a person who sadly doesn't know all that much about cruisers. BUT, if it gets done, you'll know.

They would actually be recessed and the upper and lower lip of the bumper filler would be trimmed. This is where the existing OEM light mounts to. The Light bar would mount to the wall behind.
Okay so could I add some sort of spacer to the wall so it wont recess? I'll have to look at this tomorrow to fully understand.

You're asking a lot from a person who sadly doesn't know all that much about cruisers. BUT, if it gets done, you'll know.

This isn't so much a "cruiser" thing as it is a sheet metal/fabrication thing. You can do it!

And except for it being recessed, that fits inside?

Recessed meaning they would mount directly behind the opening. No cutting involved on the face of the bumper filler. Only the upper and lower tabs would need to be removed. Yes, they do fit and depending on your year of Cruiser, the driver's side may need some of the LED fins cut to make for some clearance associated with the AC lines.

Recessed meaning they would mount directly behind the opening. No cutting involved on the face of the bumper filler. Only the upper and lower tabs would need to be removed. Yes, they do fit and depending on your year of Cruiser, the driver's side may need some of the LED fins cut to make for some clearance associated with the AC lines.
Okay, got it. I'll get back to you on those light bars soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom