8/21/2017 CSC Solar Eclipse - Local Viewing in N Scottsdale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yjeff

AZ to Alaska to Argentina in Land Cruisers '12-'16
Threads
Website
www.overlandtheworld.com
CSC,

I wanted to throw out the idea of informally gathering on the NE side of town to watch the Solar Eclipse together. Maybe a restaurant or bar in N Scottsdale or Cave Creek?

We will have to be flexible to drive if it is cloudy that day. If not, I'd be ok watching it from my pool.

Cheers,

Jeff

usa_eclipse_map_16x9_1920x1080_1920x1080.jpg

I headed up to Wyoming to see the eclipse from Denver. My phone took terrible photos of the eclipse but the panaramic during the totality came out well.

image2.JPG

I was able to see it in the "totality" zone, just north of Bend Oregon. It was quite an impressive sight! What kind of camera equipment did you use to take those pictures?

My money was on Stepmur from the get go that if anyone came through with some legit eclipse photos, it would be him :clap:

Beats the heck out of squinting through the clouds in Phx

Or having your ass parked in a truck on I-19..

My money was on Stepmur from the get go that if anyone came through with some legit eclipse photos, it would be him :clap:

Beats the heck out of squinting through the clouds in Phx

Nothing impressive in Northern Arizona either. Not too cloudy but that all it seemed like a light cloud cover. From start to finish temperature dropped less than a degree.
What's the path of the eclipse in 2024?

April 8, 2024

Pretty good map shows the path of totality and amount of obscuration (how much of the sun is obscured by the moon).

Or, Texas. Lots and lots of Texas.

Nice, looks like 2024 will be a good time to make the trek back to the Homeland (Maine).
So, do you have your trip planned to Maine?

So, do you have your trip planned to Maine?
Darn, 7 years snuck up on me—there will be no pilgrimage.

I got to see the partial eclipse a few months ago here, that was pretty neat.

Darn, 7 years snuck up on me—there will be no pilgrimage.

I got to see the partial eclipse a few months ago here, that was pretty neat.
Still time to book a flight - even for a day it would be worth it! Totality is awwwwwsume!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom