70 series "revised body work" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They are really overhyping LC in the media these days.
I never liked the 76...feels like a downgrade vs 80/105 which I guess is unfair to the 76 because obviously it dates back to being older than those two.

Last edited:
They are really overhyping LC in the media these days.
I never liked the 76...feels like a downgrade vs 80/105 which I guess is unfair to the 76 because obviously it dates back to being older than those two.

Depends on the scale you’re using I guess. The 70 Series, including the 76 Series, are viewed as “tools” worldwide (in my humble option) and are basically used in that regard. The 80 and 105 are not. 😊

Depends on the scale you’re using I guess. The 70 Series, including the 76 Series, are viewed as “tools” worldwide (in my humble option) and are basically used in that regard. The 80 and 105 are not. 😊
I own a GRJ79 and use it as a tool (farm vehicle/camping equipment vehicle). So you are 100%
Nothing more nothing less. I like the 78 (troopy) and 79.

My issue specifically though is with the 76.
I feel the 80/105 can do everything the 76 can and most likely even better.
Too bad we can't still ge them new...but did you know that almost happened?

source Land Cruiser 70 book by Takeshi Namba
352209059_139198935836277_1794723057863227804_n.jpg

I own a GRJ79 and use it as a tool (farm vehicle/camping equipment vehicle). So you are 100%
Nothing more nothing less. I like the 78 (troopy) and 79.

My issue specifically though is with the 76.
I feel the 80/105 can do everything the 76 can and most likely even better.
Too bad we can't still ge them new...but did you know that almost happened?

source Land Cruiser 70 book by Takeshi Namba
View attachment 3467603
The 105 with a V8 would be nice. 😊

The 105 with a V8 would be nice.
The closest vehicle we have to a modern day comfortable off road wagon with the same philosophy as the 80/105 is the Y61 Nissan Patrol. ( Y61 is Still in production since late 1997 but will be discontinued soon)
excellent vehicles but the build quality and fit and finish is not up to Land Cruiser standards.
the driveline/diffs/gears are very tough and more overbuilt than the Land Cruiser in some areas. ( though the frame has its weak points around the coil towers)

Mechanically it is excellent and I always wanted one but Nissan interior/body quality is a big NO for me.

Y61.jpeg

Last edited:
Interestingly the Single cab 79 went from 2*90L to 1*130L fuel tank, like the double cab and 76.
This is probably why we saw a lot of pictures of 79 in single tank configuration. With the new 2.8 it may be enough for a reasonable fuel range (and the people that want to go crazy install aftermarket fuel tanks anyway) and avoids the issue of the relocation spare wheel on the pickup where you don't have a door to fit it.

I may be in the minority but I vastly prefer the “scooped” hood over the current version. 😁

It is not a deal killer to me if there is a hood scoop or not but I will say the previous gen with or without a hood scoop looks better than the current gen without the hood scoop.

It is not a deal killer to me if there is a hood scoop or not but I will say the previous gen with or without a hood scoop looks better than the current gen without the hood scoop.
Knowing that glorious V8 is hidden below the scoop makes me a tad biased towards that hood. 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom