70 Series Model Change Database for Various Markets (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am very interested in searching for a 70 series to import under the 25 year rule into the US. I am sure this will turn out to be multi year quest. The 25 year rule currently puts in the late 90s model year under best case scenario. Is there a sticky or a thread that captures model year changes for 70 series and that also shows which markets got which trim and engine options? I am sure this will be very useful for others who are in similar shoes. We will need to look at 70 series from say 1980 onwards. I have searched and I could not find this info.

Other fun facts:

1/2007 narrow nose switches to wide nose, and VDJ indeed appears
7/09 metal dash switches to plastic 'RAV4' dash.
2012 boom! double cab

This is a great place to start:

Problem is the 7x series is a global vehicle with thousands and thousands of variations over 40 years.

What you ask is a monumental task.

Other fun facts:

1/2007 narrow nose switches to wide nose, and VDJ indeed appears
7/09 metal dash switches to plastic 'RAV4' dash.
2012 boom! double cab
Additional facts:
Starting in 2007, every 70 Series enthusiast in the U.S. starts complaining about not being able to get one.
😁

Your best bet is to narrow it down by some categories.

What size do you want or need?
2 door short wheel base (hard/soft top)
2 door medium wheelbase (frp/soft top)
4 door long wheelbase
2 door pickup long wheelbase
2 door troopy long wheelbase

Right hand drive
Left hand drive

Diesel
Gas

Once you narrow down some of what you want/need then we can point you in a better direction and which models and from what market to look.

4 door long wheelbase

Right hand drive
Left hand drive

Diesel
Gas

Once you narrow down some of what you want/need then we can point you in a better direction and which models and from what market to look.
You left out:

Cup holder
No cup holder
😊

I thought it was standard a on upper trim JDM models? Or was these available through the accessories catalog?
I was mostly being facetious; yes, some of the JDM models had a form of cupholder. In my Prado there was a plastic center console/shifter surround with two square depressions that would fit a 12-ounce can.

4 door long wheelbase

Right hand drive
Left hand drive

Diesel
Gas

Heavy (leaf springs, heavier duty engines, more basic interior) or light (Prado/Bundera, with hilux/car engines, more things in the interior) for the first 3 options list above as well.

I am very interested in searching for a 70 series to import under the 25 year rule into the US. I am sure this will turn out to be multi year quest. The 25 year rule currently puts in the late 90s model year under best case scenario. Is there a sticky or a thread that captures model year changes for 70 series and that also shows which markets got which trim and engine options? I am sure this will be very useful for others who are in similar shoes. We will need to look at 70 series from say 1980 onwards. I have searched and I could not find this info.

I live in Lima, Peru and have my own diesel 1999 70 series. I will be shipping mine to the US in 8 months. EPA and DOT say "yes" as long as the original engine is in it and that the title is all in order.
I know of a few places a 70 series can be bought. One, in particular, that needs a lot of TLC is for sale nearby.

Heavy (leaf springs, heavier duty engines, more basic interior) or light (Prado/Bundera, with hilux/car engines, more things in the interior) for the first 3 options list above as well.

I wasn’t going that deep yet lol. Just pick a size and we will go from there.

This is a great place to start:

Problem is the 7x series is a global vehicle with thousands and thousands of variations over 40 years.

What you ask is a monumental task.
100%
Even one region/market is going to have a lot of variations per model year.
Best bet to narrow it down like @FJBen said to what you need then work your way to your desired vehicle.

I am still learning new things about the 70 series and I spend a lot of time around them. I'll stay away from them for a while then find out more tiny tidbits when I'm back.

Of the several thousand variations of the 70-series, I don't think that is an option! ;)

Don’t forget the amazing single can holder found in Aussie (and other) 7’s. It’s pretty sad compared to the 37 cup holders found in the 200. Hell, the 250 has cup holders for the 3rd row that doesn’t exist. Are they trying to tell us something?

F96DB3EF-E72A-493B-9270-A3CBEDFC0994.jpeg

Don’t forget the amazing single can holder found in Aussie (and other) 7’s. It’s pretty sad compared to the 37 cup holders found in the 200. Hell, the 250 has cup holders for the 3rd row that doesn’t exist. Are they trying to tell us something?

View attachment 3515794
Perhaps Toyota is trying to tell us that the ride quality of the 70 Series, when compared to the 200 / 250 Series, doesn’t lend itself to drinking beverages, especially hot ones. 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom