4BD1T into FJ60 Fit Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I started to notice that I am getting smoke. I think it's Blue. It's only happened since I reinstalled the power steering pump. I wonder if that messed with the timing a bit. I haven't looking into smoke issues at all yet.

Edit: was told it was white smoke.

Last edited:
Now Im jealous of the MPG you are getting... great job !!!

Trying to deal with and diagnose blue smoke....it's proving very difficult and j really have no idea what I'm doing.Also need to replace the timing cover gasket and the oil pan gasket, both are leaking....big job to get to the timing gasket. But I've driven the truck quite a bit and gone wheeling....it's epicly awesome!

Trying to deal with and diagnose blue smoke....it's proving very difficult and j really have no idea what I'm doing.Also need to replace the timing cover gasket and the oil pan gasket, both are leaking....big job to get to the timing gasket. But I've driven the truck quite a bit and gone wheeling....it's epicly awesome!

Hope you find the problem causing the blue smoke. Glad to hear from you and keep us updated on the fixes. Got my motor,trans and t-case in and the body back on. In the process of doing my SOA and SR right now. Then its getting torn apart again for paint and powdercoat. :cheers:

Mitch, can you post up some pictures of how you did your throttle cable? Take some pics of the pedal, the cable, and how you got it thru the firewall. I'm getting closer to driving mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom