25 Master Cylinders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have no experience with this specific cilinder but sometimes it is hard to get the air out of master cilinders. You can try to get the line of and have the pedal pushed with your finger on the hole.

I have no experience with this specific cilinder but sometimes it is hard to get the air out of master cilinders. You can try to get the line of and have the pedal pushed with your finger on the hole.

A friend and I have tried all this time and time again, but no pressure. If bottom hose from hard line to Slave is bad, would this keep MC from priming?

REAL TIME HELP! I just bought a M/C Rebuild Kit from Kurt @ CruiserOutfitters to repair my Clutch Master Cylinder on a 1962 FJ40. I removed internals, replaced everything and nada. Can't get any pressure in the line??? Im ready to bang my head on wall.

Any secrets to priming the Master Cylinder?

Mine did the same. Even though bench bleeding never made a difference on any other system, I had to bench bleed the older style cylinders to get them to work. Run a small rubber hose that you can press into the end and run the other end into the reservoir. pump slowly until the bubbles stop then quickly thread the hard line back in and bleed normally starting with the furthest run first.

Pulled the Tin Can clutch and master cylinders on the '64 FJ40 and took some pictures of the rebuild. The early 40 is the same 1" bore as the 20 and can use the same rebuild parts. I also found a new part number for the same kit as above.

All the same:
Napa - 166
Raybestos - MK166
AC Delco - 18G1226

I only use the two rubber pieces from the kit and reuse all the Toyota innards.

Save0251.jpg

Save0254.jpg

Brake:
DSC_9698.jpg

Clutch:
DSC_9700.jpg

The only parts that are different. Even though the brake piston is stamped 2-5 and the clutch piston is stamped 2-4, they appear to be the same
DSC_9704.jpg

Last edited:
Bore is .999 inches

DSC_9712.jpg
DSC_9715.jpg

Honed then 600 grit followed by 1200, 2000, 3000, then metal metal polish
IMG_0225.JPG
IMG_0226.JPG

It is hard to take a pic but the inside is a mirror finish
IMG_0227.JPG

1959 fj25, My master clutch cylinder says FE-1051
1-1/16 G, then G85 on one side. And 51 Wagner Lockheed on the other. Any body know what rebuild kit will work. Raybestos mk166 and ac delco 18g1226 both have 1" cups in them. I need 1-1/16

1959 fj25, My master clutch cylinder says FE-1051
1-1/16 G, then G85 on one side. And 51 Wagner Lockheed on the other. Any body know what rebuild kit will work. Raybestos mk166 and ac delco 18g1226 both have 1" cups in them. I need 1-1/16

It's from a 1939-1952 Ford

So I started this over on the 40 section and I guess it makes more since here

Ok, so on my 64 45lv, I have the tin cup clutch master , 11mm fitting and hard line out the front. Bought it new 12 years ago along with slave, according to this pic I took
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1600/691553/4233613/56318662.jpg

Well the master is leaking thru the interior boot, so I need to think about a replacment

My option's seem to be the SOR(or ccot) upgrade kit, using a later master, slave, new hard line and hose. while I don't mind doing this, I like to keep what I have if possible

I know I can probably rebuild the master, ordered the Napa lit mentioned

I had thought I have seen an aftermarket master with plastic cup that was a bolt on replacement . ...but can't find it anymore

But then I started to read this thread.......and stated to think, why can't I just use a new Toyota brake master, take end cap with fitting off, swap the 9mm for the 11mm end and put it on the new one?

I tried the old(but not tin cup style) brake master from the 45LV in the empty hole(s) for the clutch master in the(now) parts 65 fj40, the bolt pattern is the same.

this is the 45LV, brand new(1 week ago) brake master from Toyota and old(12 years old from Toyota) tin cup clutch master, Unless there is something inside of one or the other that is different.....I think it would work. I don't think the old single line brake system used a residual valve in the master but I may be wrong. And unless those pics Treeroot show are the same part(and I think they are 2 different pics) then it should work?

thoughts?

So I started this over on the 40 section and I guess it makes more since here

Ok, so on my 64 45lv, I have the tin cup clutch master , 11mm fitting and hard line out the front. Bought it new 12 years ago along with slave, according to this pic I took
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1600/691553/4233613/56318662.jpg

Well the master is leaking thru the interior boot, so I need to think about a replacment

My option's seem to be the SOR(or ccot) upgrade kit, using a later master, slave, new hard line and hose. while I don't mind doing this, I like to keep what I have if possible

I know I can probably rebuild the master, ordered the Napa lit mentioned

I had thought I have seen an aftermarket master with plastic cup that was a bolt on replacement . ...but can't find it anymore

But then I started to read this thread.......and stated to think, why can't I just use a new Toyota brake master, take end cap with fitting off, swap the 9mm for the 11mm end and put it on the new one?

I tried the old(but not tin cup style) brake master from the 45LV in the empty hole(s) for the clutch master in the(now) parts 65 fj40, the bolt pattern is the same.

this is the 45LV, brand new(1 week ago) brake master from Toyota and old(12 years old from Toyota) tin cup clutch master, Unless there is something inside of one or the other that is different.....I think it would work. I don't think the old single line brake system used a residual valve in the master but I may be wrong. And unless those pics Treeroot show are the same part(and I think they are 2 different pics) then it should work?

thoughts?

Buy this part from RockAuto (here is a discount code 5078828845496240).

The tin cup swaps over. Take out the residual valve and you are good to go for a clutch.

IMG_6805.JPG

Fantastic !

Still need to change the end cap fitting over right ? one is 9mm and other 11mm.

Fantastic !

Still need to change the end cap fitting over right ? one is 9mm and other 11mm.
That is correct. Last pic in post 225 above shows the different bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom