2015 CSC Holiday Party - Save the date (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice!

Hi Don and friends,
I made a last minute showing to today's event as I had to work. I met Some members and Don and the holiday party sounds like a good time to meet some more land cruiser enthusiasts. I would like to come out and meet everyone. I have a 93 fzj80 factory locked and supercharged. Moved here recently from Northern California. I've been a Mercedes Benz tech for the last 10 years and currently working at Mercedes Benz of arrowhead. If anybody ever needs technical advise I'm always here and would be glad to help. I look forward to meeting everyone. Thank you

Welcome rctoyota. Great group of people in this club.

Will be there and most likely camp out somewhere

I might end up sitting by the fire snacking on Dons smoked ribs until late. I may join you on camping out on the Tonto with ya so Im not driving home so late. Ill bring some extra blankets.
Saturday will be crisp 60* high, 38* low - after this summer it will be nice to be able to bundle up!

I might end up sitting by the fire snacking on Dons smoked ribs until late. I may join you on camping out on the Tonto with ya so Im not driving home so late. Ill bring some extra blankets.
Saturday will be crisp 60* high, 38* low - after this summer it will be nice to be able to bundle up!
Just was thinking about if anyone was going to be camping as I was looking at the forecast. Am going to bring my trailer.

We may camp somewhere near by, or on the way back up towards Flag. I would love to bring my trailer, but my 80 lacks the cajones to get it home :(

60 deg is balmy, and 38 for a low? Sounds like fall in Flagstaff with different scenery.

We may camp somewhere near by, or on the way back up towards Flag. I would love to bring my trailer, but my 80 lacks the cajones to get it home :(

60 deg is balmy, and 38 for a low? Sounds like fall in Flagstaff with different scenery.
Put the thing in 2nd gear and bring the trailer

I towed a 17' travel trailer up General Crook's Trail with a 68 FJ40 before. Towing that 68 up that same road with my FJ62 seemed like a breeze after that. My biggest issue was feeling pressured holding up traffic. Interstate 17 is all divided and 87 the hill just past Strawberry is the only hill of any concern that isn't divided. Is it worth thirty minutes extra travel to have the trailer is the question?

Don, so take Dynamite Blvd to 164th St., turn left and drive to the very last house?]

Don, so take Dynamite Blvd to 164th St., turn left and drive to the very last house?]

That will work. I'm no longer the last house, 2nd to last. Double RV garage, can't miss it. Go past the Dead End sign.

The route I take is 160th as it is paved for about 1/2 mile, north to Dixletta and then take a right to 164th, then left and north on it until the end. There is a slight jog to the left at Lone Mountain. But 164th straight up from Dynamite works too, I just try to use as much pavement as I can as I do this every day.

Looks like we're going to be close to 40 people!

Going to go get the 'meats' tomorrow. I priced the baby backs last night at Wal-Mart, going to see what Costco has to offer. Chicken is still weird due to the whole bird flu thing. Just not the normal selection. Tough to gauge how much folks are going to eat too, so if we have leftovers, those that want'em can take some home. I'm going to make extra sauce both mild and a bit hotter.

For those that want to get on the Tonto NF, 168th which is only a couple roads east of me will do it. Just look at Google maps and you can figure it out.

Last edited:
The Meat Shop is a butcher on Buckeye and 3rd St who carries chicken from a local(ish) farm in Prescott Valley. No bird flu issues that I've heard of. May try giving them a call.

The Meat Shop is a butcher on Buckeye and 3rd St who carries chicken from a local(ish) farm in Prescott Valley. No bird flu issues that I've heard of. May try giving them a call.

Yeah, but it is way too far a haul for me to go unfortunately. I don't have that much free time this week between work and kid stuff.

Yeah, but it is way too far a haul for me to go unfortunately. I don't have that much free time this week between work and kid stuff.

Mr. Don, dont go too much out of the way for us meatheads. keep it simple and we will have fun no matter what :cheers:

Mr. Don, dont go too much out of the way for us meatheads. keep it simple and we will have fun no matter what :cheers:
That!

MEAT WE WANT MEAT. ........MEAT...................just wipe its ass heard it through and tare off a slab If there is a dead carcass ppl will come

MEAT WE WANT MEAT. ........MEAT...................just wipe its ass heard it through and tare off a slab If there is a dead carcass ppl will come

I'm going to the leave the wiping to LCP.

That said, "WE GOT THE MEATS!"

Pics to follow. Got six slabs at Costco today during lunch. 13 total plus chicken. If that ain't enough then bring your shotgun as I think it is still quail season and I'm crawling with them! Rabbits too, but they might have worms...

Last edited:
I'm going to the leave the wiping to LCP.

That said, "WE GOT THE MEATS!"

Pics to follow. Got six slabs at Costco at lunch today during lunch. 13 total plus chicken. If that ain't enough then bring your shotgun as I think it is still quail season and I'm crawling with them! Rabbits too, but they might have worms...
:bounce::bounce2::cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom