Events/Trails 200s in Ouray Summer 2016 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I completely agree with you. We took the Taco to Rock Therapy (Taco specific event) earlier this summer. There were several FJ's, T4R's and LC's there. It was fun to have some other yotas around and watch them wheel, but it does screw up the group photo if they don't get out of the way.

As noted several pages back, I'm bringing the 200 & the Taco. I plan on leaving the Taco at camp on Black Bear day (I'm concerned my long wheel base will slow us down), and I will keep it out of the way when we run Keepsie.
Confused- why would you not drive the 200 for all the trails? even stock it is fully capable. Poughkeepsie has a bypass now. That what this event is about. Maybe leave the Taco home or if family need space- maybe they can ride with one of us. We have 22 200s.

Confused- why would you not drive the 200 for all the trails? even stock it is fully capable. Poughkeepsie has a bypass now. That what this event is about. Maybe leave the Taco home or if family need space- maybe they can ride with one of us. We have 22 200s.

The 200 will absolutely do all the trails and that is the plan.

Tried to talk Carl from @just differentials into letting us borrow his 200 for the week...no dice...Heather has been drooling over a 200 for some time, but moving/shop/other projects is delaying any purchases for a while.

We are arriving in Ouray on Wed morning and departing Sat morning...will jump in on the Friday runs and will be at both Thursday's picnic and Friday's dinner. Just set up campground reservations at the 4J's yesterday.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I'll do my best to hide our lowly GX470 in the shadows during any photography............ :flipoff2: ;)

I just got to Ouray. I'll be running trails Wednesday and Thursday. Probably the Alpine Loop on Wednesday and Yankee Boy/ Govenor's Basin in Thursday. If anyone else is here early and would like to go, text (I'm on the contact list) or PM me.
Brad

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Thought I'd post this here from our 100s weekend. Have fun and be safe!

LGS_1130.jpg

Buen Tiempo is waiting...
20160803_180940.jpg

Looks like Thursday will be the worst day for rain and hopefully clearing up Friday with scattered storms. Just might be a little wet Thursday night for the picnic.

On our way!

image.jpeg

Looks like heavy rain on the way. All trails are in great shape. Black Bear is very doable, even with heavy rain.

Some of the high shelf roads wash out easily, espically on Ophir. Watch for rock and mud slides. 145 was covered in a mudslide just before we arrived. Those trails and that area are not going anywhere, if it's too sketchy, come back another day.

I can provide some alternate trails if need be. Standing by to help if needed as well. Have fun and stay safe!

I just came down from Governor's Basin and Yankee Boy. It was wet but the trails were fine.

All packed and ready to hit the road. Hope my choice of hammock/tarp camping doesn't backfire on me!

20160804_140403.jpg

We left Ouray at 8:30a today, ran Engineer to Lake City and then Cinnamon to Silverton (Alpine Loop)....back in Ouray at 3:30p (two stops for food/drinks)....a big group won't be as quick, but the trials were great. Saw lots of deer and marmot, plus one moose :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You are all going to have a blast! I was in that area week before last, but on a BMW G650 Xchallenge. Lots of great trails, disbursed camping, etc. Been going to CO every summer for the last 8 years. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics! Hopefully I'll be in a 200 soon. Would not want to spoil the group foto with an Early Bronco! :)

Have fun!

2 groups today. Amazing vehicles we all have...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Saturday the whole group will be doing black bear. 22 200s... Will be epic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom