2006 100 landcruiser pros and cons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Initially was thinking 2004 but may have 2006 possibility.

What's everyone's thoughts on the 2006. I'm planning on small lift. 33's and everything else for taking family to Moab. This particular vehicle does not have AHC.

Thanks

I've only had my 2006 for a few months but so far I love it! Mine has AHC but it's in good working order and I quite like it.

I know some folks say they don't feel much difference with VVT-i but I noticed a significant improvement in mid-range response...the truck doesn't seem to need to downshift quite so readily to maintain momentum going up hills and such.

Cheers,

I've had my 06 for a few years now- no cons that I can list yet. Have had no issues except for standard maintenance- replacing CV boots here in a week or so. I don't have AHC. I upgraded tires to 275/70's BFG's and got Ironman springs in rear- 2 inch lift. Rides great.

A pro that I definitely like on the 06's are the rear LED tail lights.

image-2819582490.jpg

Great subject. I'm trying to figure out if I should swing for the fences with an 06-07 with VVT-i. I'm leaning that way because I'll probably own this one for more than a decade like the current 80.

Go for the '06. The power difference is significant. If you ever tow, it may be the difference between comfortable towing or barely adequate. Pile on the mods such a armor and larger tires, and you will be glad you went with the '06 as it will better 'handle' those mods without becoming a slug.

I love my '06. I searched one out because of the VVT-i, LED tails and upgraded headlights (easier to retro). I had the same engine and tranny in my '05 4runner and loved it. Nothing bad to say about my '06 so far.

'06 owner here, for me it was all about the VVTi and transmission, night and day difference in my opinion.

cruiser

I made offer on a 2006 with 77k miles short while ago and the lady took my offer. Talked to dealership where she has had everything done and they said she treated vehicle very well. Now the 10 year old son and I fly out friday to drive it 1300 miles from South Texas to Steamboat to new home. Can you say ROAD TRIP!

We will put some 33's on it. Slowly get her built up! Moab the following weekend pulling our little m416 trailer!!

I made offer on a 2006 with 77k miles short while ago and the lady took my offer. Talked to dealership where she has had everything done and they said she treated vehicle very well. Now the 10 year old son and I fly out friday to drive it 1300 miles from South Texas to Steamboat to new home. Can you say ROAD TRIP!

We will put some 33's on it. Slowly get her built up! Moab the following weekend pulling our little m416 trailer!!

Hello,
Congrats. After graduation, literally 6 of my closest friends moved to Steamboat and I must say it is an absolutely amazing place. It is especially beautiful in the Summer and Spring.

That should be quite an adventure for you and your son. Safe travels and I look forward to reading your impressions. My road trip for getting my LX consisted of driving from Atlanta to SW Florida. Southern Georgia is one giant speed trap. To say the least, your trip should be much more varied.
Best,
Jack

Awesome! Congrats. I also purchased mine in South Texas (Houston) and it is in great shape. 89k on the clock when I bought it. I've already added 33's, removed running boards, and did a headlight retro. Much more to come and looking forward to your build. I road tripped mine back over 2000 miles to WA. Have a good one!

Congrats and safe travels back!

I picked up my '07 a little over a year ago in Kansas City, MO and drove it back to Seattle. I'm very happy I waited to find an '07, versus going with an '04 like I had originally planned. I was also able to get one in my favorite color, Pacific Blue. :hillbilly:

Be sure to post some pics of your new ride when you get it!

:cheers:

Has anyone actually done this fix mod on an '06/'07 LC/LX and reported back?

And with the mod in place does it compromise smog inspections?

Was going to ask the same. IIRC it didn't fit the 100 for some reason. Can't remember why. As long as it doesn't throw a code it should work. At least up hear they do OBD-II port inspections only (they don't sniff the pipes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom