200 series picture thread (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The rear tire carrier is a factory option.

Btw, whats involved in this carrier? Is it possible to install by buying these parts from Toyota? Anyone go this route? I would love to gain the spare tire clearance underneath, and possibly add a sub-tank for my future AK trip.

The 200 with barn doors was actually only released in late 2011. All 200's with barn doors come with the key start instead of push button.
Haha Lambo fail

Btw, whats involved in this carrier? Is it possible to install by buying these parts from Toyota? Anyone go this route? I would love to gain the spare tire clearance underneath, and possibly add a sub-tank for my future AK trip.
Bolts through the bumper onto the crossmember and you need to add support on the quarter panel where it attaches as well

Curious, what % are URJ200s (3UR 5.7L V8) in Qatar? I've almost never come across any in DXB or Oman unless its a Lexus. And never seen a VDJ200 either.

Last edited:
Bolts through the bumper onto the crossmember and you need to add support on the quarter panel where it attaches as well

Seen it done? How do you get to the quarter panel? From the inside? Dont you have a hitch mounted type IIRC?

Found some info for you
cruiserparts in the US say they have part of the system

http://shop.cruiserparts.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_43&products_id=297

But I will warn you from personal experience - I had to convert a number of spare tire under TLC's to spare tire on the back versions. So that the customer can carry 2 spare tires at a time.

1. You will need a different lower section of the tail gate. (with male part of the latch)

2. You will have cut the OEM section of the body - be very careful to expose the nuts for the bracket. Dont cut to deep - only to remove the .8mm steel

3. You will have the cut the upper section of the body. You will then need to fabricate a bracket to hold 3 nuts.

4. You will now need to cut the OEM rear bumper for the lower section of the tire carrier to go though.

But if this is something you really want - I can give you the parts contact we use and you can order - but this stuff weighs alot. Would be cheaper to buy the ARB rear bumper with swing out tire carrier

Seen it done? How do you get to the quarter panel? From the inside? Dont you have a hitch mounted type IIRC?
Just know from what Kenn posted long ago. Yup mine bolts through the hitch bolts and another bracket holds it where the rear recovery point is... I like the fact I have a steel bar at the back, that bar has saved the rear end of my 200 a couple of times.

I need to look into maybe getting one. I wonder if you can score the parts in the US? Paging Beno....

Edit: I just looked up the part number in the FSM. That is waaaay too complicated (in the # of OE parts you would actually have to buy to do the correct conversion).

I have the ARB bumper without the tire carrier option so that's why I am looking for another option. This OEM option is too risky for me. Probably cheaper to buy the ARB bumper w option.

@aMiR904 5.7 3UR-FE LC's are pretty common in Qatar. Please note that the 5.7 was only introduced for the 2011MY in the GCC. Prior to that we still had the 2UZ-FE which was then replaced by the 1UR-FE from 2012 onwards.
As for the diesel LC's they are mainly used as a company vehicle on sites.

Last edited:
Do you have manual tranny models? I'm assuming those are 1UR?

Do you have manual tranny models? I'm assuming those are 1UR?
Just the 1-gr 4.0L V6 and 1-vd 4.5L V8 came as manuals..
There are rumours of 5.7 and 4.6 out with manuals but I've never found any evidence of them so :meh:

Black Bear Pass Trail at the steps near Ouray, CO in the 200. OME Suspension, Duratracs, @sleeoffroad Sliders. It's in HD if you see it on YouTube.

#Toyota Land Cruiser

Last edited:
Black Bear Pass Trail at the steps near Ouray, CO in the 200. OME Suspension, Duratracs, @sleeoffroad Sliders. It's in HD if you see it on YouTube.

# Toyota Land Cruiser

Lucky dog

Here's another. Pougkeepsi Gulch - the infamous "Wall". Nothing for a land cruiser. About 1 out of 5 FJs made it up. Trust me. Both of these are much steep than they look. This is why we do this.

Those pinstripes really play a trick on the eyes.

I love the steel wheels.

As she sits now with 33 inch sand tyres And 17x8 inch oem steel wheels

Looks like in the Middle East decals and pin stripes are really in. Here in Texas every other truck I see has a HUGE steel front bumper. When traveling across the US don't often see the big steel front bumpers. Wonder if the more Hundy owners in the states will pickup on the pinstripes and decals used in the Middle East?

My 100's side stripes

20150201_130859-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom