1966 FJ45LV restoration/buildup project (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check out these guys.
theWheelsmith.net Home for Custom Wheels and Accessories

They can do a 17" billet wheel in any size using the toyota hubcap. This is the route I am going on my FJ44 (four door) 17 x 8 with a 4.5 BS that "look" like OEM steelies with caps. sweeet! The higher the BS the more the tires will suck up into the wheel well and not stick out like on Jeeps. Im going to try a 5.5 BS and see if I can get away with it. Should be able to as these are 17" wheels. And being billet, they should be able to make them clear your steering junk. I was quoted 225 per wheel.

Going with 35 x 12.50 x 17 BFG KM2 Muds for tires.

:beer:

Ya, but 4.5" BS won't let you turn very sharp. 5.5" would be worse. I'm trying to recall your suspension and steering setup.

Check out these guys.
theWheelsmith.net Home for Custom Wheels and Accessories

They can do a 17" billet wheel in any size using the toyota hubcap. This is the route I am going on my FJ44 (four door) 17 x 8 with a 4.5 BS that "look" like OEM steelies with caps. sweeet! The higher the BS the more the tires will suck up into the wheel well and not stick out like on Jeeps. Im going to try a 5.5 BS and see if I can get away with it. Should be able to as these are 17" wheels. And being billet, they should be able to make them clear your steering junk. I was quoted 225 per wheel.

Going with 35 x 12.50 x 17 BFG KM2 Muds for tires.

:beer:

I don't think the wheels on LC tend to stick out that much, not like you typically see on pimped Jeeps. On an LV, you really can't stick out much bc of the way the fender lip design is, it would look funny IMO.

No pics to post but the body is now officially bolted to the frame. 14 mounts all total. Happy to say that after removing and rebuilding 14 mounts, they all lined up and were within close tollerances. It took about 4 hours laying on my back on the creeper but it's done. Got lots of help from my buddy Scott. Many of the mounts contained rubber insulators between body and threaded captured mount block. They were all rust out. Most initially had to be torched off. You can see details back somewhere in the thread. Next up is the firewall swap for late model PS. This should be easy tho. Thanks for watching and stay tuned.

Edit, for the record, it took one FJ 40 poly kit and one generic 2x2x1/4" poly body mount kit. Only used four of the threaded FJ 40 mounts, at the firewall location. The rest were all poly blocks between the captured threaded block, which I rebuilt.

Congrats! It's a big step getting the body back on the frame. Should be a breeze from here on out!

Congrats! It's a big step getting the body back on the frame. Should be a breeze from here on out!

I don't know about that, I'm not very knowledgable on LC mechanicals. I am sure some of these guys could have this thing wheeling in a matter of days with all the parts I have and their knowledge. Me?

I don't know about that, I'm not very knowledgable on LC mechanicals. I am sure some of these guys could have this thing wheeling in a matter of days with all the parts I have and their knowledge. Me?

Speed is not the key, it's accuracy. As long as it's done right, it doesn't matter how long it takes :D

I am at the stage where I need to pick an a/c unit so I can mock it up. I also need to swap the PS firewall, which should not be too hard. The AC is a biger concern. Needs to heat, cool, and defrost a big truck and be able to be integragetd to the dash, again, like ICON has done.

It's hard to believe that I have not posted here in almost a year, but this thread is still no. 3 on the most viewed. I have not abandoned this project just so everyone knows. It is sitting patiently collecting dust waiting for me to return to give it some love. In the mean time, I have been indulging in my other passion, Porsches, and have been working like crazy on them. As soon as there is anything to report, it will be posted here. Cheers

Small update. Pulled the trigger on some super cool Coral seat covers and door panels from our own AATLAS1X, aka Shane, with MetricTLC. His attention to detail is like no other and these should look awesome. I am very excited to be getting these for my project can you tell;). This is good motivation to get going on my other projects so I can get back on the LV. Here is a pic of the seats in an LPB.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Couple of teaser shots provided by Shane. He is very mean. Also grabbed one of those killer Teq grill badges. Getting excited about this build coming back on line. Hope to be finished with the 356 in next few months and then full attention will be back on this baby.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Great to see see that you'll at least be able to finish your LV.

I've given up on ever seeing the parts or my LV again since Paul Pilgrim has gone AWOL with all the removable bits of my LV.

Great to see see that you'll at least be able to finish your LV.

I've given up on ever seeing the parts or my LV again since Paul Pilgrim has gone AWOL with all the removable bits of my LV.

I read a post about that. That is just terrible. Hard to believe someone would be that unscrupulous. Sucks.

Amazing transformation. I'm glad the old girl ended up in your hands to bring back to life!

I am sorry to report that it appears AATLAS1X, aka Shane, with MetricTLC is officially AWOL. He has disappeared with my money and my original seat covers. This just plain sucks. But I am not going to let it stop me. I have been looking for some Coral vinyl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom