16" Vintage Steel Rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No need to PM...

Very big sorry from me for not following through with this as life got hectic toward the end of my stay in Japan. :frown: :lame:

I don't want to promise anything any more as I failed miserably at my last attempt.

Sorry guys to let you down like this! :crybaby:

Mot

No need to PM...

Very big sorry from me for not following through with this as life got hectic toward the end of my stay in Japan. :frown: :lame:

I don't want to promise anything any more as I failed miserably at my last attempt.

Sorry guys to let you down like this! :crybaby:

Mot

I didn't mean to imply that.. I hadn't been in this thread back then and I didn't know you were back in the US... life and family comes first my friend. Never apologize for that.

Yeah, but still...

Thanks for the kind words though, Mark.

Does anybody know anything about this?????

Hub Caps FJ40

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/coolfj40_2177_19057679

I can't find any other info out there. Guess I should call CCOT, the price works out to about 150 a rim. What were they costing when still available mot???

I may get some, I'm just curious if they are making these or found a crate of originals.

CCOT hub cap price seem high compared to Ebay prices but $150 a copy for 16" hub caps wheels doesn't seem to far out of line. I think OEM 15" wheels are about a $100 a copy for $50 more a wheel I would buy the 16" wheels. But since I went way in the hole this year on my LC funds I just have to get by with my three sets of skinny 16" factory wheels with a hole in them:)

As for a price on buying them from Toyota by the time you got them shipped from Japan you would be lucky to them for $150 a piece. If your local dealer could get them it may be cheaper but according to cruiser Dan Toyota USA has gotten funny about bringing parts that were installed on US imported vehicles. Some part like the H55F I guess were grandfathered in but I serious doubt the 16" wheels would be on the list.

Does anybody know anything about this?????

Hub Caps FJ40

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/coolfj40_2177_19057679

I can't find any other info out there. Guess I should call CCOT, the price works out to about 150 a rim. What were they costing when still available mot???

I may get some, I'm just curious if they are making these or found a crate of originals.

if they are OEM, I'm not sure where they came from? Mot shipped me a 5 set at least 2 years ago, and when he inquired about more Toyota listed 0 in their inventory:meh: the fact that they actually have them listed as 6" X 16" is a plus

like John said, shipping these from Japan was/is a deal killer for most people. $150 a wheel is only about $25-$30 a wheel for shipping above list price for these 2+ years ago. I ended up paying about $75 a rim with Mot

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks if they are OEM

h55f was optional on '86 and '87 fj60s.

In the US? Can you verify that? I didn't think that the 5 speed was ever available in the US...

not to throw the thread too far off...but...toyodiy does show that 5 speed was available to canada

That mated to diesel engines. Yet another thing Toyota decide here in the US it wasn't worth the trouble dealing with the DOT and EPA. I have no doubt you could special order the H55F but never here it was a standard option. From what I understand from 4/85 to 8/87 it would be a direct bolt in. Just like the H41 would be a direct bolt in. Curious if it was a standard option was the diffs changed to 4:10s. I believe that was the standard set up for cruiser with the H55F.

Are you going to CCOT Sean????

I would like to know what they are, either way I'm very interested. I've been seriously looking at the 70 series rims, but they are 130 or so a rim, so small price difference, and the hub cap style would be way cooler.

Bad thing is, I'm building a house right now and funds are beyond tight, figures. Guess I'll have to tell the wife that fixtures in one of the bathrooms will have to take a back seat to rims :) I'll put a big funnel over the hole, that's as good as a toilet right.

I'll put a big funnel over the hole, that's as good as a toilet right.

Good luck with that one. The only way I could get the better half to go up north to the pines trees was buy a cabin. Besides the toilet it was the hot shower, warm bed and electric coffee pot she wanted. I have to admit on my last elk hunt all those things were pretty nice to have.

Maybe the last chance to get the 16 steelies new...
..would take one of them
3027534098_f568868b9e.jpg

and order. ;);)
Cheers
Peter

Maybe the last chance to get the 16 steelies new...
..would take one of them
3027534098_f568868b9e.jpg

and order. ;);)
Cheers
Peter

Years a go this was a good option. Had until the end of the month to explain the purchase to the better half. Now with internet banking I buy something and five minutes later I get the what did you buy now:whoops:

Years a go this was a good option. Had until the end of the month to explain the purchase to the better half. Now with internet banking I buy something and five minutes later I get the what did you buy now:whoops:

Can you say: dedicated "Cruiser Fund" PayPal account? Launder that money! Don't ask, don't tell!

You guys think these CCOT rims will clear calipers? The are listed as good till 8/80- just when drums were over..

Not too bad of a deal really. I just saw a set of 5 used riveted 5.5 x 16's go for 115000 yen on auction here.

If I knew the part number I'd be glad to look these up here in japan- but this is the first I have heard of an old type 16" wheel in a 6" width that is not a spoke style rim.

Best-

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom