100 Series Front Receiver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched and concluded that currently there is not a front receiver being made for a hunnert LC. So, can anyone share their fab work or pointers that has done this?

One guy took a front receiver for a 96 4 runner and planned to modify. Another used a 100 Series tow attachment and planned to modify.

Those are good ideas but prior to starting this project i want to see any other options I may have.

Thanks. Duck season aint far off.

I'm planning to do the same thing. I found this thread a few days ago while thinking about a winch set up as well. About half way down is a nice custom setup for both a winch and front receiver for a FJC. The shop that made the mount doesn't make them for a 100 but might be talked into it if someone local can leave their 100 with him for a bit so he can work it out. https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/winch-mounting-in-stock-bumper.588081/

I don't need a super burly front receiver. Just enough to make parking in tight spots a little less stressful, 2mph towing. Weld the receiver on bar stock bolted to the frame will probably be enough, but I haven't gotten to measuring or mocking up anything yet. (I have to buy my 100 first. ;) ) I don't want to sacrifice approach angle in the process. That will probably be the tricky bit if I go with straight bolt on.

Im thinkin I may just buy one off a 96 4 runner or similar and take it to the closest thing we in central Arkansas have to a custom fabrication shop and see if they can come up with sumthin. Thanks.

Hi guys, I have been scheming about this for over a year... If you want to keep the stock bumper cover it's very 3-dimensional. I keep working on other things...

What year Sienna hitch did you use?

^probably doesn't matter(?) sounds like it got chopped anyways, since it was welded to the frame or bumper mounts

Cool! does this mod requre relocating the front license plate? I read somewhere where someone was talking about putting a hinge on the license plate to hide the front reciever. Any other pics of the installed hitch without the winch attached?

Now were gettin somewheres

dcdd6ae1df8044b12f6e7500280462f5.jpg

Licence plate fits fine below with 2 self taping bolts

7b62cca1b004991f60d35820d3b046d7.jpg

hello do you have any other pics of the hitch and the weld points attachments to the frame?? thanks

Pretty cool. So you cut the bumper cover reinforcement in the middle, and then welded the hitch receiver to the front crossmember?

I noticed your photos looked like it was being welded on in the truck, could you get a better weld on it by taking off the cover or was it pretty simple to access with the cover on? Have you tried pulling on it yet?

@TXLX100 look at posts #6982-6983 in the main photos thread and it shows him using the winch

Don't think I'll be welding on my frame any time soon.

Don't think I'll be welding on my frame any time soon.

I believe it's a crossmember that is bolted to the two main frame rails. If so, you could weld it off the truck and coiled be replace pd easily if you ever wanted to return to stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom