Subtank Roof Console Part # 83290-60090 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FYI, in case you're interested, a forum buddy asked me to find the part number for the roof console which shows the subtank gauge, a compass, the sunroof controls and the front map light, so I thought I would just post it here for anyone else who cares.

83290-60090 for the complete item, quoted price (pre-discount) USD 157.

I got the diagram, but can't scan it - if someone really wants it, and can scan/post it for all, I can fax it to you.

Thanks for the effort! I'm sure a lot of people will find this useful. One day I'll have a sub-tank, one day . . .

Thanks for the info.

I'm guessing that the number and the cost are just for the meter assembly and you'd still need the cover/housing to install the unit, right?

Anyway, I hate the fact that Toyota charges A LOT more for these "foreign" parts in Japan than elsewhere, if you can get them at all that is.

Thanks for the info. I might try to see if I can get my hands on one sometime.

Mot

doubletank.jpg

No problem, guys, the info and advice here is awesome and I'm happy to add whatever little I've got.

The part number is for the whole shebang, down to the screws.

4 screws
4 washers/nuts (can't tell)
1 plastic cover
1 electronic gizmo unit with gauges (choice of compass or altimeter) with 2 connectors sticking out the back (vehicle front)

prossett,

Is the part number for the gray or tan interior (plastic cover)?

Can we get parts like this from the Toyota dealers here in the US?

and get the sunvisors that go with the pod... They are 'shorter' if you have the POD up there. So, factor that into the cost/equation too.

I had a pod (from my subtank 'kit'), never installed it, considered it was useless (no slur intended on this thread), unless you had a BIG subtank. For the normal ~14gallon subtank, I just transfer it to the main when the main is around 1/4. My wife uses the subtank transfer all the time and has never complained about not having a gauge for it and YES she knows of the existence of the pod, since I did have it in my possession before selling it off.

You could also wire a changeover switch so the main gauge can display from the sender of either tank.

Of course some of the 'nuttier' nuts on this forum would consider the pod essential to making their 80 'complete' :)

cheers,
george.

I have a sub tank switch that I've just picked up for one of the members.

I'm posting close-up pics for your viwing pleasure.;)

PICT0001b.jpg
PICT0002b.jpg
PICT0003b.jpg

and get the sunvisors that go with the pod... They are 'shorter' if you have the POD up there. So, factor that into the cost/equation too.

I had a pod (from my subtank 'kit'), never installed it, considered it was useless (no slur intended on this thread), unless you had a BIG subtank. For the normal ~14gallon subtank, I just transfer it to the main when the main is around 1/4. My wife uses the subtank transfer all the time and has never complained about not having a gauge for it and YES she knows of the existence of the pod, since I did have it in my possession before selling it off.

You could also wire a changeover switch so the main gauge can display from the sender of either tank.

Of course some of the 'nuttier' nuts on this forum would consider the pod essential to making their 80 'complete' :)

cheers,
george.

Hey you're talking about me!!Yes, I am an OEM nut. Prolly a little OCD also. Same addiction just a different poison. :D

And the visors mentioned above by George...

and the magnetic field sensor needed if you get the console with the compass.

PICT0001b.jpg
PICT0005b.jpg
PICT0007b.jpg

And the visors mentioned above by George...

Hmm - those visors don't have the vanity mirror/lights that my 80 has. Not sure if all 80's in the US had the mirror/light setup - but...

george.

Yeah there not link the cushy deluxe ones we have in the US! ;)

I'm confused, is there a compass or an altimeter on the unit? In the post it says compass, but later in a picture it shows an altimeter. Does it have both?
:confused:

They showed three variations on my EPC and two of them were cheap ($30US-ish) and the other one was like $100!

When I had ordered one of the first two last year they were like vinyl so I ordered the other kind this time and it's a bit less vinyly, but still not the cloth kind.

The one in my rig is cloth so I know they are available. Maybe they want the extra $70 for cloth and mirror!;)

I know that the ones in VX Limited came with mirror(s) and light(s). So that's what I was thinking that the $100 ones were, but ...

My EPC shows (getting tired of saying that?:D) that there were two slightly different shapes of the plastic cover (pre '95 and post '95), too.

Anyway, here are some pics of the JDM style with the compass and altimeter (no sub tank was available here).

PICT0008b.jpg
PICT0011b.jpg
PICT0015b.jpg

Those visors are not correct. You need ones without the "ears" in order to clear the pod.

:crybaby:

This is one of the best ways to humiliate yourself on Mud.:D

You could have broken it to me a little more gently there, Dan.;p

IIRC, there was no issue broght to me when I had assisted another member last year who got the vinyl visor with the overhead sub tank console, but that does not mean that these are shaped the same.

I guss I'll just have to go out and try them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom