BF-F8HP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
For an ultra cheap loaner it seems to work pretty well. Was able to open a repeater about 10 miles away on low power (1w) using stock antenna.

uploadfromtaptalk1436328389019.jpg

Yup. Those are great radios for the money. I'd call them the best value in ham radio by a long shot. s***, I paid more than half the cost of that unit for an 18-inch RG8 jumper at HRO when I was in a pinch the other day.

It would be interesting to measure, but I suspect those are 8 Chinese ad speak watts. And remember, 8 watts isn't really 60% better than 5. The UV5-xx radios are rated at 5, and actually transmit 4.

Still, I like these radios too, and have a couple for loaners, and other utility uses.

All electronics companies, domestic and otherwise, play a game called "specmanship" BTDT to many times to count. It's based on presenting your products specs in the best possible light. In order to understand an electronic specification you need to know the conditions. In this case I suspect the output power is specified to be at the antenna connector, not the radiated power.

For the record I ordered one a couple of days ago. I just couldn't pass up $25 + S&H any longer.

(What I ordered was a Baofeng UV-5R.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom