Thoughts on Superwinch Tiger Shark Line? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

first .. they need to pic another guy from SW to answer questions and promote the winch line ..

second .. well, with Warn taking the lead on " entry level " winches with the VR line .. was wondering how long that was taking to Superwinch and Ramsey to do the same ..

DAMN and I just ordered one of the ENGO E10000 from MT after many sleepless nights.

:doh:

I guess we'll see how the Engo 1 year electical/lifetime mechanical warranty pans out.

Looks like there're discontinuing their EP line...

Yeah, the EP9.0 has been discontinued for a while now :meh:

Odd, since it was probably the best bang for the buck winch available :hmm:

Been looking for a 2nd one for more than a year, but luckily I landed a great deal on a used Husky10 :cool:

Interesting - did not now that. I purchased an EP9.0 a couple years back off Amazon for around $650 that I finally hope to install in the next couple of weeks.

I got my EP 16.5 from Amazon free shipping ( what a heavy bitch in a huge box ) and smoking deal about 2 years ago .. I'm still looking to found other one ( mine was the last one they had )

Interesting - did not now that. I purchased an EP9.0 a couple years back off Amazon for around $650 that I finally hope to install in the next couple of weeks.

Got mine for $539.99 shipped from WD a few years back and it came with a snatch block :)

superwinchinstalldayone.JPG

superwinchinstalldayone2.JPG

superwinchinstalldayone3.JPG

superwinchinstalldayone4.JPG

After that, it seemed the prices just got higher and higher until it was no longer available :frown:

Last I checked, the EPi9.0 was still available, but the EP9.0 was discontinued :meh:

Now it seems the entire line is almost gone :eek:

hopefully, the Tiger Shark line is just as good (or better)

I just got around to installing my EP9.0 just a few months ago. It sat for 4-5 years before I installed it.:eek:
Worked fine, just a little stiff. There is a lot more selection now than when I purchased mine. I think Warn has some very nice new models. You will also want to think long term support before making a decision solely on purchase price.
image.jpg

You will also want to think long term support before making a decision solely on purchase price.

Why do you think I posted up in this thread? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the EP series experience guys. Everything I've read about Superwinch is that they have great support for their winches. Still looking for someone running a TS series Superwinch.

Johnny i know someone you need to talk to about Superwinch. BTW i do like them and so does he. They are a great winch. He can answer anything you want to know though. I can give you his info if you want. he is a good friend of mine and a fellow instructor. All of the instructors run them BTW. Except for me yet.

Hi all,

I have been running a Superwinch X9 on my 40 Series trail truck for nearly 20 years.

For a heavier rig like a 60 or 80 Series on big tires I think the Husky worm drive electric winches from Superwinch are probably the way to go.

Sorry, I have no experience with the Tigershark electric winches.

Regards,

Alan

After talking with some close friends about the topic, I agree, the TS probably isn't the best choice. When I've got the $$ saved up, I'll run this guy, then convert to synthetic when I can afford it.

http://www.superwinchexperts.com/products/superwinch-winch-talon-12-5-12v-1612200

Johnny-Some friendly advice, worth what you paid for it.

Given that you like to tinker and fix things, do yourself a favor and get a deeply used Warn 8274 and go through it. It's perfect for a built up 60, and, you will always be happy. I was using mine on the Rubicon last week. The parts for a rebuild can be bought on Amazon. It's a ubiquitous winch.

It will be a better winch than anything you can buy new, and with careful Craigslisting, you can likely get one under $500. I like the fact that it's old school, but better than anything else.

With that said, I'd happy run a Superwinch Husky, but everything else is meh. AN 8274 is a permanent addition to your arsenal and you will still be using it 25 years from now on your 3rd Land Cruiser.

And, with the external brake, no concerns about heat damaging your synthetic winch line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom