Sold 2008 for 2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Which is which? They both look like '14's!

Change is good. Are you going to do the ARB bumpers again? Other mods?

I like the tires. Which size did you install?

Congrats!

What lift are you running? Congrats. Any differences in driving feel besides one being newer

Congrats -- I'm still a little jealous to have missed out on your old LC but happy for your upgrade! Really look forward to seeing you mod this one as well.

By the way, what do you race?

Change is good. Are you going to do the ARB bumpers again? Other mods?

I like the tires. Which size did you install?

Congrats!
I'm adding Slee sliders And an ARB air compressor for now. It has 2"OME lift and slee spacers currently. The tires are 285/65/18. Would like to go a hair bigger but will wait unti I add ARB Sahara and 9.5xp winch next summer

Congrats -- I'm still a little jealous to have missed out on your old LC but happy for your upgrade! Really look forward to seeing you mod this one as well.

By the way, what do you race?

Sorry, the new owner lives a town over and "cruises" this forum. So I'm sure you'll see pics of his soon. He's a true cruiser guy. On his 3rd.

I race AMG cars whenever I can. I was just at COTA trying out the track and getting educated on the new AMG GT edition 1. My car for the day was #12

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, the new owner leaves not far from me and "cruises" this forum. So I'm sure you'll see pics of his soon. He's a true cruiser guy. On his 3rd.

I race AMG cars whenever I can. I was just at COTA trying out the track and getting educated on the new AMG GT edition 1. My car for the day was #12

That's badass. Looks like your enjoying life. Good taste!

Sorry, the new owner lives a town over and "cruises" this forum. So I'm sure you'll see pics of his soon. He's a true cruiser guy. On his 3rd.

One of my engineers was at the AMG event May 1. Sounded like a good time :) He either drove a red c63 or blue m4 down there. Big Brazilian guy, Edu, in case you were at that same event :) Small world, car enthusiasts.

One of my engineers was at the AMG event May 1. Sounded like a good time :) He either drove a red c63 or blue m4 down there. Big Brazilian guy, Edu, in case you were at that same event :) Small world, car enthusiasts.

I was down there the middle of June and headed to Mazada Raceway next. COTA is an amazing track. I have no doubt he had an excellent time. It's always a small world for car enthusiast :)

Angelo1,
Question for you. I drive an 08 that I recently purchased and currently has 135k miles. How does the 14 drive/ride compared to your 08? I am curious to drive an LC with lower miles to see if it feels "newer".

Angelo1,
Question for you. I drive an 08 that I recently purchased and currently has 135k miles. How does the 14 drive/ride compared to your 08? I am curious to drive an LC with lower miles to see if it feels "newer".

It feels smoother but that could simply be due to newer shocks. It drives pretty much the same. I remember when my 08' was bone stock and it drove really smooth until I added heavier weight springs for the Bumper which was going to get a winch, roof top tent, etc., just never got that far as life just got really busy. If your 08' is riding to stiff/harsh for you, I would seriously consider ICON for the 08' unless you live in a very dry climate. It will drive "newer" as it's newer but the 08' was missing a couple of features I really wanted as to why I bought the 14'. But honestly they aren't thT much different. I rarely keep cars past 2-3yrs so having the LC as long as I did was a miracle only because it simply is a vehicle that just won't die and was not worried about it going past warranty. Perfect family cruiser that felt safer by shear weight alone.

Any chance that was you driving down 287 today?

It feels smoother but that could simply be due to newer shocks. It drives pretty much the same. I remember when my 08' was bone stock and it drove really smooth until I added heavier weight springs for the Bumper which was going to get a winch, roof top tent, etc., just never got that far as life just got really busy. If your 08' is riding to stiff/harsh for you, I would seriously consider ICON for the 08' unless you live in a very dry climate. It will drive "newer" as it's newer but the 08' was missing a couple of features I really wanted as to why I bought the 14'. But honestly they aren't thT much different. I rarely keep cars past 2-3yrs so having the LC as long as I did was a miracle only because it simply is a vehicle that just won't die and was not worried about it going past warranty. Perfect family cruiser that felt safer by shear weight alone.

Curious: Why would living in a "very dry climate" not be acceptable for running ICON shocks/struts?

^^^^what he said....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom