Snorkels! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got mine in. Is anyone else forward stud hole the wrong size? The studs don't fit must the bolts for the pillar mount does.

I just got mine. Yeah, the forward insert is different on mine too. No biggie. I'd rather pay $70.00 and have to source a bolt than $400 and have them all right v

Always wanted one.
Now I have one.
I RULE!

Do they block your view of the road/side of the road at all? I don't plan on crossing rivers so would it be worth it for the sole purpose of cooler IAT's or not?

Do they block your view of the road/side of the road at all? I don't plan on crossing rivers so would it be worth it for the sole purpose of cooler IAT's or not?
Not unless your daily commute crosses a desert :flipoff2:

@Booger weldz

We sympathize with you about your truck. We followed your build thread along with a few others. You put a lot of love into that truck. We're just glad you and your nasty toes are safe. Your next one is going to be even better.

Just saw the TMS snorkel on Amazon... And for the price. Definitely thinking about it!!!!!

image.jpg

Glad that's over. Next step, pull everything off the truck so I can roll my Monstaliner finally.

Anyone else noticing more road noise after putting on the snorkel? It seems most noticeable if the wind speed is over 60. It sounds to me like the noise is from the rear tires, but obviously that wouldn't make sense. (I have mild lift, factory roof rack, and tires with street tread pattern.) Truck was very quiet before snorkel. Some sort of noise at speed after mounting the tube.

Perhaps it's time to mount my mud tires.

Anyone else noticing more road noise after putting on the snorkel? It seems most noticeable if the wind speed is over 60. It sounds to me like the noise is from the rear tires, but obviously that wouldn't make sense. (I have mild lift, factory roof rack, and tires with street tread pattern.) Truck was very quiet before snorkel. Some sort of noise at speed after mounting the tube.

Perhaps it's time to mount my mud tires.
Between the tires, rack, snork, and everything else I hear nothing but noise when I drive. I've even added stuff that's supposed to reduce noise (which it did until I added all the stuff to the truck) and it's still loud. Just turn the radio up, you'll be alright.

Ok, these snorkels are so ridiculously cheap you guys actually have me close to buying one. Can somebody tell me what size the opening is for the ram air ? Is it 3 inch ? I'm thinking I might just order a pre cleaner for mine to stick on there. Something like this http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Sno...1432407748&sr=8-1&keywords=snorkel+pre+filter
It is 3.5" in diameter I believe, you would have to make sure the pre filter is not too wide so that it touches the body.

Thank you, the pre cleaners are 6.5" diameter, do you think that would contact ?
I won't be able to look for a couple days so maybe someone else could check.

With some help from a friend got it finally done/installed. Been sitting so long I forgot what it is other than the cheap knock off from Amazon.
dorkel.jpg

Got mine in. Is anyone else forward stud hole the wrong size? The studs don't fit must the bolts for the pillar mount does.
I bought 2 snorkels from an eBay seller at $69.99 with free standard shipping. They showed up in a week or so. One had all the right hardware. One had the smaller bolt hole up front (that matched the bolt for the A-pillar). I find it interesting that the seller has some with all the correct inserts, and the ones that don't have the correct inserts all seem to have the same one wrong (in front).

I'd say it blocks the view about 50% more than the A-pillar without a snorkel.
20150523_140238 snorkle.jpg I took this shot from the driver's seat.

I bought 2 snorkels from an eBay seller at $69.99 with free standard shipping. They showed up in a week or so. One had all the right hardware. One had the smaller bolt hole up front (that matched the bolt for the A-pillar). I find it interesting that the seller has some with all the correct inserts, and the ones that don't have the correct inserts all seem to have the same one wrong (in front).

I'd say it blocks the view about 50% more than the A-pillar without a snorkel.
View attachment 1082335 I took this shot from the driver's seat.
Thanks for the pic!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom