Builds after KOH LV build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Keep us posted on if you get vibration. Is that POR 15 you are using? Original seat and seat mounts are long gone in mine. I'm putting FJ55 front bench in mine (couldn't find a fj45v seat). I have had the seat mounts cut out from a donor FJ55 floor which will be tig welded in. I'm currently rebuilding my sills out of 3mm steel. It would be more a rock slider than sill.

I took it for a drive last night. No vibes or issues so far. All seems good.

No that's not POR 15 it's just black Rustoleum I brushed on nice and thick.

No bench seats for me. I hate those things. It's like riding on a trampoline.

Took the wagon up to Flagstaff this weekend. The highway drive from Phoenix to Flag is 75 mph speed limited, hilly, curvy, mountain ascends and descends of I17 goodness.......plus it was windy. About 130 miles door to door. The wagon did okay. It swayed all over in the wind and I was limited to about 60 mph due to the fact the hood looked ready to blow open. Then you get near Flag where it's 7000 ft above sea level and power levels are lower than ever. I think I was the slowest thing on the highway with a slow speed of about 45 mph at times. It made the round trip with no issues though. We even stopped in Sedona on the way home to do some wheeling.
IMG_6270.JPG
IMG_6273.JPG
IMG_6278.JPG

Almost forgot to report.......there was no issues with new floorboards. No vibes or anything at all. I also welded a piece of strap to the rear shackles to prevent the spring from inverting. This trail was a great test with some flexy spots and decent size descents. Springs and shackles performed as they should......all good.

Broken Arrow Trail is perfect for your classic ~

Swapped out the wrong year, busted knob light switch for the correct one. Has some strange lighting options compared to the other one but functions as the owners manual says. Looks alot better than the old one too.
IMG_6281.JPG

Went out this weekend to see what is left of the Sunflower Mercury Mine. The area suffered from a large forest fire in 2012. The majority of the mining and mill were lost in the fire and government clean up afterwards. The area has recovered pretty well since the fire but all the mining and mill structures are lost forever.
The wagon did great on the 130 mile trip. It's narrow stance paid off on all the shelf roads. Didn't really get to many wheeling shots, but got some good scenery ones.
IMG_6309.JPG
IMG_6311.JPG
IMG_6313.JPG
IMG_6315.JPG

Swapped in a new to me radiator I got of CL. Then headed out to the desert in search of more mining ruins. We found this stuff. First picture is at Tip Top and the rest are another site.
IMG_6430.JPG
IMG_6434.JPG
IMG_6438.JPG

Good to see your still wheeling. The LV Looks good dude. Some of the old mining districts look amazing. When are we hiking into Panamint City? November?

I would love to do a Death Valley trip. Exploring the old ghost towns is always cool.

Popped in a new electronic distributor from Trollhole this morning. Seems to have smoothed out the idle and is alittle more responsive. No more issues with my points either. It's win win.
IMG_6449.JPG
IMG_6450.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom