1985 HJ75 Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm a little behind. Depending on what you want to monitor.
Here are my EV2 series. I love the colored EGT.
I wish I could monitor water temp though even though its never been an issue.

you do know about the gauge install thread in the diesel section right? I guess there isn't a ton of 70 series stuff in there though.

77-gauges-jpg.741084

You might have to zoom in on mine to see the dash; I wanted old school with just simple gauges without colour to attract wondering eyes. I used Wayne's 4 panel gauge sets And Isspro native 24v gauges out of Oregon. The deck is in the glove box again to be a bit more stealth. The vehicle will see Africa duty and I don't need to advertise. All the other goodies are easily removes from its mount by magnetic or by ram mount
image.jpg

You might have to zoom in on mine to see the dash; I wanted old school with just simple gauges without colour to attract wondering eyes. I used Wayne's 4 panel gauge sets And Isspro native 24v gauges out of Oregon. The deck is in the glove box again to be a bit more stealth. The vehicle will see Africa duty and I don't need to advertise. All the other goodies are easily removes from its mount by magnetic or by ram mount View attachment 1024397
That's a very cool setup.

I'm a little behind. Depending on what you want to monitor.
Here are my EV2 series. I love the colored EGT.
I wish I could monitor water temp though even though its never been an issue.

you do know about the gauge install thread in the diesel section right? I guess there isn't a ton of 70 series stuff in there though.

77-gauges-jpg.741084
Karter, Do you have any night photos showing the back lighting on the gauges and do you find the lack of alignment between the gauges and the drivers seat to be an issue? (Especially with the pyrometer)

Thank you Charles ... are you gifting me or Dan that nice O/U :clap::lol:

Thank you Charles ... are you gifting me or Dan that nice O/U :clap::lol:
Sorry .... It's now resting comfortably in the gun safe. The only thing in the gun rack now is an umbrella.

Sorry .... It's now resting comfortably in the gun safe. The only thing in the gun rack now is an umbrella.
Not to mention, Dan made fun of my shotgun. Something to the effect that is wasn't wasn't a real gun so he is out.

Can't blame me for trying .... :)

Not to mention, Dan made fun of my shotgun. Something to the effect that is wasn't wasn't a real gun so he is out.

Some I'm first in line for denial, kewl :doh:

Can't blame me for trying .... :)

Some I'm first in line for denial, kewl :doh:
If anything happens to me both Cruisers will be front and center in my wife's yard sale. The guns will be in the back of the pickup and all can be bought in the $5.00 to $10.00 range so just be patient.

I don't think any of us want to see that day, Charles ...

Nice O/U is right. I would never be able to put something like that in my 77. Being tall has its drawbacks.

getting to the gauges:

Karter, Do you have any night photos showing the back lighting on the gauges and do you find the lack of alignment between the gauges and the drivers seat to be an issue? (Especially with the pyrometer)

I have the green backlighting. Matches the factory gauges nice. Even though I have upgraded my instrument cluster to 24v LEDs in Green.
Since talking to the isspro rep the EV2 gauges will work with both 12 and 24V no issues.
The gauges have programable warning lights and the backlighting will be automatically at the brightest setting.
To play with the parameters your going to need to buy the cord to play with them.
Really happy with my gauges.

I'm quite tall so do have to look slightly to see how close its flirting to 1200 deg F on the pyro but thats what the idiot light is for.
I just give quick glances. I have no problem with they way they are set up because i can rest my hand on the dash mat, change songs with my thumb. I just wish i could do a coolant gauge where it looks really clean like this install. I guess it depends on what parameters you want to monitor.

also bought my gauges though diesel manor. They shipped directly from Isspro in Oregon.

I did indeed. Shotgun barrels are supposed to be perpendicular to the receiver, not parallel.

thCAF0SPE1.jpg

I did indeed. Shotgun barrels are supposed to be perpendicular to the receiver, not parallel.
View attachment 1025576

Out of respect for my elders I won't respond to the above post.
I did however find a photo of Dan on a recent hunting trip shooting his trusty side by side.
image.jpg

ummm, i thought you were going to leave both cruisers for me to look after till you came back during the Zombie apocalypse??
at which time i would use your shot gun to give you a mercy shot.

my bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom