Metaltech Prebuilt and Aqualu Tub? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to drop the cash on a Metaltech prebuilt full cage for my FJ40 with an Aqualu tub. From what I understand once an order is placed Metaltech gives you a call for some specific dimensions to build by.

My question, has anyone out there purchased a prebuilt cage from them and how did it fit??

Where I live there are little to no shops that I would trust to weld out a cage. If they're capable they're going to be EXPENSIVE. So basically my mind is made up to buy prebuilt I'm just curious to know how "drop in" it's going to be and what to expect.

I have never heard anyone complain about Metaltech products.

Why not give them a call and ask? They are awesome guys to deal with. I'm sure they'd answer all your questions.

:cheers:

Why not give them a call and ask? They are awesome guys to deal with. I'm sure they'd answer all your questions.

:cheers:

Totally agree. If you have a friend with a shop or a commercial address, you can sAve on shipping by having it shipped to commercial address instead of a residential address.

Ok, so I ordered my full cage from MT on a Saturday online and it was delivered the following Friday. That was a quick delivery from Oregon to Mississippi. I had it delivered to our shop at work so I did save a few bucks there I guess over residential delivery. So far, per my measurements, it's going to fit my Aqualu tub no problem. I'm going to fit it up this weekend and drill any extra holes in my tub before paint.

Pre-paint fit up.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1422732405.892387.jpg

Looks good South!

Make sure you do your pre fit with your dash pad on and your doors on. This will give you a sense of where to put the mount holes in and to ensure that you can roll down the windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom