New F & 2F carbs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I received my carb today!!!

For the other members here, id like to share some info on what i dealt with as a newb. I have a 1978 FJ40 with a 2F motor desmogged. Previous owner put a weber with cable throttle instead of linkage. To accommodate this awesome new carb, i had to purchase a new carb insulator from specter offroad. The insulator is a heat shield and an approx 3/4" spacer with build in gaskets. Also purchased carb studs and nuts from specter. The trollhole carb does not sit perfectly onto the new updated version of the insulator and i had to dremel out a few areas to clear the throttle linkage. The wire coming from the carb solenoid goes to the positive terminal of the coil. The only issue most people may come across are those with cable throttle. The cable bracket that trollhole provides does not directly fit the throttle cable for a weber. I had to cut a piece off the weber cable throttle bracket and weld onto the trollhole in order to fit my current throttle cable. I plugged everything in and cranked it for a few mins. Started up like a charm!!! I connected my rpm gauge to set idle. I just need to make a few more adjustments and ready.

This is truly a solid product!!!
Thank you Marshall!!!

Bless you for posting this... got the needed insulator from Georg @ Valley Hybrids so I knew it was correct - didn't know whether to scratch my watch or wind my butt as I turned tha dang thing every direction to get carb to sit proper!

Any chance you took a picture of how much cutting you did to get linkage clearance?

Marshall... the vacuum line from my distributor connects to the present Holley carb with one line. Would I simply connect this line to the base of the carb insulator and cap off the smaller line on the base of your carb?

Just got my carb!!! Question though. Maybe i missed it but what happens to the fuel return line???

Gotcha!! Yah I was shocked it got from Texas to me in 3 days but took 6 days to go from you to Miami to Texas lol!!!

Mine was set up just right out of the box! I initially put 3/4 turn on the idle speed adjust to get it up to 700 rpm, but once I fixed a leaky vacuum hose I wound having to turn it back.

That is the A/C idle up provision. If you think you might add A/C then leave it if it's not in the way. If you never plan on having A/C then you can cut the shaft about an inch away from the body. Early PCV valve line runs right under the shaft and gets in the way. All carbs are tested and set at the factory. That being said idle in usually off a few hundred and needs to be set. Idle mixture is usually dead on.

They run a fluid similar to kerosene through the carbs. So when you get them it will have a smell to it. Nothing to be worried about.

Hey there! I've been looking for a new carb for my 75 FJ with a recently rebuilt 2F engine. The ol' Rochester is miserable and, even if rebuilt, wouldn't give me the power, mileage, consistency, etc. that I need. I've heard great things, but wondering if y'all have a number I can call to chat with you. Many thanks!

Got the new carb all bolted up and it fired right up nd idled great but i noticed if i gave the throttle a little tap it would bog a bit and sputter my stock carb would never do that. Even got a couple backfires through the carb but it seems to have stopped that now. Any idea if it could need a little adjustment or something?

Ok yet another question!! Should i have swapped that bracket on the right with the diaphram? I swapped it as you can see but i see no mention of it in other threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom