New F & 2F carbs (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Received my carb in Alaska today. Quick shipping, thanks.

I need a carb for my bone stock 1979 2F FJ40. It is a California model that now resides here in Virginia if that makes any difference. Just wanting to confirm that I need the one that is 271 and to see if you have any in stock. If I understand it correctly all I need to do is install it, cap off the fuel return line at the tank or frame rail, and tune it a bit? I am totally carb dumb. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Yes that is correct. I have plenty of carbs. I should be in stock for quite a while.

Thanks for the reply. I just sent you some $$, look forward to getting my carb issues resolved!

Hi.
I'd like to order a carb for my '73 fj40. Do you have one in stock? I really need something that will just bolt on and run.
Also, Do you recommend replacing that, and the distributor at the same time? I know you don't have to.
I have the original distributor with points. My thought is to keep points, unless you see a huge advantage in electronic.
Thanks for your input. I'll placer an order when I hear back from you.
M

PS. Oh, and what's the cost on the distributor?

Electronic is nice if you don't like messing with points. It's also a little more precise. Though we are talking a tractor motor. No huge advantage to points unless yours is a vac retard dizzy.

Have them in stock but the cable carb will need to be built and might take me a few days to get it out.

I also have a '73 and would like to purchase a carb, would you mind prepping another?

Joe O

I just checked. My dizzy is a vacuum retard. (It turns clockwise with vacuum.) From what I've read, those aren't very good. Correct? In which case, ordering one of your electronic models would be best.

I just wanted to apologize for not shipping the carbs out sooner. I had a couple projects in the shop last week that took all my time. I'm back at it today and might have them all out today. Thanks for being patient. Still have plenty carbs in stock.

According to tracking info, my carb and dizzy should be here on Monday. Getting excited! Thanks Marshall.

My carb and dizzy arrived! Thanks!
I ran into a few snags while installing the new parts.

1. My fuel line entered the original carb on the passenger side. Your carb's fuel inlet is on the front. I can bend the stock hard line, or cut it, and insert a section of flexible line . . .. What have you seen that works best?
2. The new carburetor contacts a hose exiting the front of the carb spacer. (See pics.)
Should I cut and plug the line exiting the spacer? Should I cut the long shaft exiting the carb, and leave the hose attached? The shaft exiting the carb does seem to be longer than necessary. Thoughts?
3. Should there have been a male connector for the ignition/fuel solenoid? The carb has the female side attached, but there wasn't a male side to connect to my harness.
4. Where should I connect the wires from your dizzy?

I know these questions might have been asked before, and the answers are probably somewhere in the sixty-eight pages of this thread, but, I don't have the time to read all sixty-eight pages. Plus, I just spent $500+ dollars, so I figure you don't mind helping me with a few questions. :)

Thanks
IMG_3086.jpg
IMG_3087.jpg

My carb and dizzy arrived! Thanks!
I ran into a few snags while installing the new parts.

1. My fuel line entered the original carb on the passenger side. Your carb's fuel inlet is on the front. I can bend the stock hard line, or cut it, and insert a section of flexible line . . .. What have you seen that works best? Bend the line. Do it gently bending a little at a time.
2. The new carburetor contacts a hose exiting the front of the carb spacer. (See pics.) Cut the shaft about an inch away from the carb.
Should I cut and plug the line exiting the spacer? Should I cut the long shaft exiting the carb, and leave the hose attached? The shaft exiting the carb does seem to be longer than necessary. Thoughts?
3. Should there have been a male connector for the ignition/fuel solenoid? The carb has the female side attached, but there wasn't a male side to connect to my harness. You have two options you can cut the end off the new solenoid and put your old connector or you can attach a female spade on your harness.
4. Where should I connect the wires from your dizzy? Black wire goes to the negative side of the coil. Red wire goes to one side of ballast resistor. Power wire from your stock harness also attaches to this terminal. Short jumper wire from other end of ballast resistor to + terminal on coil. That is it.

I know these questions might have been asked before, and the answers are probably somewhere in the sixty-eight pages of this thread, but, I don't have the time to read all sixty-eight pages. Plus, I just spent $500+ dollars, so I figure you don't mind helping me with a few questions. :)

Thanks

Look above. In red. Call me if you have any other questions.

Quick question if my dizzy is vac retard and i wanna go advance. Will buying a dizzy from you and a carb also work together to change it all to advance?

SOLD! paypal yah this week bud. Should i just paypla you a separate $45 for the shipping or just add it all together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom