Builds Matzell's FJ4573 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
4573 version 2.0 001.JPG
4573 version 2.0 011.JPG
Some of you may know me and my 854runner that has traveled the country and wheeled for the past 17 years. I retired the 4runner last year and parted it out. I put all the good parts and some new ones into my newest project. I call it my FJ4573.

I race in the Ultra4 mod series, 4500 class. This is my newest creation. More details to come but here are a few specs.

GM 6.2l engine
6l80E trans
NP 205
HP D60
14B
37" BFG Blue label Krawlers
2014 Weldone Inc FJ45 chassis
4573 version 2.0 001.JPG

Last edited:
More details to come. I am getting ready for the 2015 EMC race at KOH 2015.

over 400 hp, Toyota axles would explode!

IMG_1108.JPG
IMG_1129.JPG
IMG_1121.JPG
Here are a few teaser shots. I leave to head out to KOH in a few days. I will post up more of the build and results of the race.

Last edited:
AWESOME!
I think the only thing that is FJ45 is the hood & grill...

See you out on the lakebed!

We will be at 124 Genright if anyone wants to stop by and check it out in person.

Rob

Rob looks great!!

Love to catch up some time!

I am not sure how I posted multiple pics of the same thing but I can not figure out how to delete them?

Dirt Riot WV 4.18.15 009.JPG
Dirt Riot WV 4.18.15 007.JPG
4573 version 2.0 griffin radiator vs 2 003.JPG
It seems like I have been working on this since KOH. I reworked the steering geometry to get rid of some bump steer. Reworked the front lower crossmember so the driveshaft would not hit and then took it out and raced the first in the Mid-state Dirt Riot race in West Virginia. I found the car still overheated and we were at 250 by the end of lap one. We took it a little slower and just before the end of the lap hit a bump which pitched us into an Oak tree breaking the 14bolt axle tube in half. We limped back to the pits and still had one of the fastest laps of any class.

Fighting cooling issues I have now installed a larger Griffin radiator and should be ready to test again this weekend.

Yeah holy crap is right you broke an axle tube?!

That's badass. Even more badass that you broke an axle tube...

Do you cruise that thing into Carytown to get Sweet Frogs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom