Need Turkey Appetizer Ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Threads
So the wife brought home a gift from a vendor yesterday - 12lb smoked turkey. Works out great because we've got a lot of parties to attend this weekend and need to bring some sort of appetizers. I'd like to use it to make these apps.

What ideas do you guys have for me?

Pinwheels are good. Turkey Tetrazzini is good and goes a long way. I've done jalapeños stuffed with shredded turkey and Mac and cheese. Sounds weird, but if you eat it and don't like it you can smack me.

I missed that it was a whole turkey.
What about a turkey & cream cheese mousse canapé?
Stuffed mushrooms.
Turkey jalapeno poppers
Do a fine dice add some lyonnaise sauce and serve on toast points.

Thinking smoked turkey quesadillas.

Shredded turkey + aged/real Monterey Jack + roasted sliced poblanos + arugula + optional bits of smoked habanero topped with gauajillo salsa (think Fonterra for good jarred salsa) and a dollop of sourcream to top it off.

Still wading in leftover smoked turkey JV?

Wanton skins + (saute: minced scallion, ginger, garlic, hot pepper of choice and combine with minced turkey meat; season with soy sauce and a little toasted sesame oil to taste) + stuff and seal.

Saute or deep fry.

I feel for you. Traditional turkey sucks (even when it's properly prepared). The only turkey I enjoy is sliced thin on my sandwich with Dijon mustard, mayo, and cheddar cheese ;) !

I made some spread today with cream cheese, mayo, dark meat, parsley and some secret stuff. Not too bad. Would be great stuffed into some jalapeños. I might stuff some of those tomatoes that are a little bigger than grape and cherry - I forget their name - then I don't have to worry about cooking or heating.

I can see using it as the master ingredient for a bunch of stuff to save time.

I also made up a few types of hummus today. The best was the one with roasted red peppers and Irie Pepper Sauce from @IRIEOB1. Hadn't added the sauce before. Definitely different and good.

I'll see what tomorrow brings and go from there. Wasted a couple hours this evening with a buddy's F450 and a busted starter but it's great to finally be back in the kitchen after a few months gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom