Show off your Blue FJ40 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup, this one is staying bone stock and will be a Sunday driver. I drove it home about 75mi when I got it and it didn't miss a beat! Great looking rig you have btw

Some more blues...

tumblr_mok1haGKnd1sv8vkho1_400.jpg
tumblr_mqmmykXUC21sv8vkho1_500.jpg
tumblr_mqmn3gd87q1sv8vkho1_500.jpg
tumblr_msiie78Qqa1sv8vkho1_500.jpg
tumblr_msiies6Nfg1sv8vkho1_500.png

1978 FJ43 in "Azul Marina"as they call it in Colombia. Under 115,000 mile very original truck. just put a new soft top on it. Will be exported to the US for sale. Amazing color.

IMG_4941.JPG
IMG_4942.JPG
IMG_4943.JPG

Last edited:
The Capri blue is my favorite FJ40 color and I plan to paint my 77 that color when that point comes. I am in the process of a frame up restore, so it will be awhile. Funny, when I told a friend who is also on IH8MUD that I planned to paint my FJ40 Capri blue he replied... baby blue for an off road vehicle, what are you thinking? All I can say is either you get the blue or you don't. ;)

My 69 stock color is dione blue..or sky blue..t1610 (i think is the code?)..which also volks and datsun used certain years..theres an old beetle nearby exact color as my 40...also going w a lite sand top...

Last edited:
What is that on the doors?
It's a magnetic sign: "Bartram Trails of Putnam County." We had a Paddler's Rendezvous here on the St. Johns River in Putnam County Florida featuring these trails this past weekend. I hate to deface the Land Cruiser but you'd be amazed at the restricted public lands to which an "official" sign on the door will get you access. It really pays to be a volunteer! Besides, the logo matches the nice blue color of the cruiser.
DSC08542 copy.jpg

Here's mine, original paint, only added the OME suspenion and 33's....only regret so far was going with the non-stock front bumper...should have gone OEM i think. Love my beast.

updatedpic.jpg sideview.jpg

file://localhost/Users/bsilbaugh/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Previews/2014/10/20/20141020-025058/DSCN2437.JPG

1979 FJ with 3B-t diesel transplant, H55f, LHD, OME 2.5, Paki top, lockers. A genuine smile machine! Hope the picture link opens.

Try this……Moab 2014 campground.

That worked.

Interestingly enough, it's not the first time your truck has showed up in this thread. I see it at least once previously too.

Not that I'm complaining--I love looking at it. .....almost as much as I love driving it. Calling it a "genuine smile machine" is an understatement.

Dan

That worked.

Interestingly enough, it's not the first time your truck has showed up in this thread. I see it at least once previously too.

Not that I'm complaining--I love looking at it. .....almost as much as I love driving it. Calling it a "genuine smile machine" is an understatement.

Dan
The best father-son Cruiser project ever! Thanks for your dedication and creativity to building BlueJay40!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom