Plasti Dipped My LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had some fun playing at the shop with plasti dip to protect this beauty for the winter.

1422596_1394480034124348_117947817_n.jpg

20131108_193028.jpg

20131109_101313.jpg

20131109_113958.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! I've been tossing the idea to do something similar. Where did you wind up procuring your Plastidip? And did you do anything special for cleaning?
-Derek

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Thank you sir.
I'm an official Plasti Dip installer. I have excellent prices on dip;);)
We use the plasti dip prep spray to clean.

I did the fiberglass fairings "blaze yellow" "black" and "white" on my track bike. They looked good. I should have used the clear instead of the glossafier. The stuff hold up pretty good. Just clean it with windex.

After I low sided at 40mph, I was surprised the paint didn't tear or peel off. The bike and I slid on track for a bit and then into dirt. Got to repair the fiberglass and repaint.

All in all I like the paint. Minimal prep and easy to spray.

image-3552031729.jpg

image-834526884.jpg

image-3115882206.jpg

Looking great! Much better option than spray on Bed liner.:cheers:

Yes I did wheels and left the over spray on the tires. It is pretty durable stuff. I think it would at least prtect from pinstripes on tge trails. Performix says they've seen it last up to 3 years. If you guys want any PM me I can beat the online prices.

Side question... where did you get you clear marker lights?

is plastidip the new rhinoliner :confused:

:bang:

DSRTRDR has a plastic phobia! :D DSRTRDR, come on now, you KNOW deep down inside you REALLY like it! It is okay to admit it, really, it is the first step on the road to recovery! I scoffed, but after the last couple of outings and significant pin striping I finally admit that I need to do it as well. It is okay, mud can be your support group!

Plastidip would be a really bad choice for avoiding pin striping. It is too 'grabby' and soft.

It is, however, a great choice for a temporary barrier for use on long road trips and winter roads to avoid rock chips, etc on really nice paint. If you don't have really nice paint, I can't see the benefit of using it.

+1 on where'd you get the side lights. I'm diggin' the look.

I've been giving casual consideration to removing my ARB front bumper and going back to a more stock look. I like the protection of the ARB, but the lines on a slightly lifted 80 look so good with the clean front end (IMO). The clear front sidelights (?) just add to it.

Once you get started, there's no stopping.......I tried plasti-dipping my wife I'm so addicted to the stuff. Not because she needed it.....I just ran out of truck parts to spray and she was nearby. Couldn't help myself!!:hillbilly:

No, Plasti Dip is a semi-permanent rubberized paint. It dries hard and holds up pretty well, but a winter in the aggressive car wash peeled a 2 door panelsthat I had to redo.

It would definitely stop pin striping but not a rock gouge if you leaned itagainst one but the small branches, sticks etc it would protect from.

Okay, so I'm not crazy thinking white plasti dip for the roof as opposed to monstaliner?

I presume it would reflect some sun/heat like the bed liners do?

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom