1994 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have been trying to sell my 1994 two owner cruiser and I have had a lot of interest, but it's still here. So, I'm considering having the entire cruiser Linex coated the same color green with black bumpers and wheels what are some thoughts? Thanks

image-3201966576.jpg

image-1894673950.jpg

image-2471625740.jpg

Are you planning on keeping it? Linex coating is very love or hate it and will limit the interest if you are still trying to sell it.

Are you planning on keeping it? Linex coating is very love or hate it and will limit the interest if you are still trying to sell it.
I'm thinking that if it doesn't sell by mid-November, I'll keep it as a winter project and have some fun pulling and rebuilding the engine adding a TRD supercharger and doing the Linex thing.

Details? Mods? Mileage? What are you asking and where has the LC lived it's life? All will be factors in your asking price.

Details? Mods? Mileage? What are you asking and where has the LC lived it's life? All will be factors in your asking price.
It's listed over in the classifieds. It's the third or fourth vehicle.

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser I am the second owner. No Rust. I bough it from the original owner in Kentucky. All fluids have been replaced (diff, trans, transfer case, and oil). All of the following parts are new: Vacuum Switch, Valve Assembly, EGR Valve, O2 Sensors, and Intake Manifold Gaskets. I also just had the steering knuckles rebuilt. The rotors and pads (front and rear) are also new. All of the work was done by Performance Toyota except for the knuckle and brake work which was done by Papillon Foreign Motors. No shakes or vibrations in the steering wheel. No Leaks. If you have any questions call me 4O2-32O-9668. 8000.00

Last edited:
Other's can chime in, but w/o mention of mileage, your price seems a little high for a '94. Lockers will help on this forum as will mention of the mileage on the truck. Most '94's are in the $4-5K range from what I recall lately. She does look good tho!

I don't like the Linex type of treatment in general so take what I say with a grain of salt. Unless you are going to do major upgrades such as front and rear bumpers, add a winch, a bigger lift and make it more utilitarian, rougher, tougher and generally more manly the Linex is going to look stupid. Your asking price seems high. A complete Linex job is going to guarantee that you will never be able to sell it for anything close to the money you want if you change your mind about keeping it. Start by reducing your price by the amount it would take to have the coating applied and you might get more interested buyers.

Other's can chime in, but w/o mention of mileage, your price seems a little high for a '94. Lockers will help on this forum as will mention of the mileage on the truck. Most '94's are in the $4-5K range from what I recall lately. She does look good tho!

I don't like the Linex type of treatment in general so take what I say with a grain of salt. Unless you are going to do major upgrades such as front and rear bumpers, add a winch, a bigger lift and make it more utilitarian, rougher, tougher and generally more manly the Linex is going to look stupid. Your asking price seems high. A complete Linex job is going to guarantee that you will never be able to sell it for anything close to the money you want if you change your mind about keeping it. Start by reducing your price by the amount it would take to have the coating applied and you might get more interested buyers.
It's not a money issue, I know the quality of these that are out there and they don't come near this one. I have a 15 year old ready to cut his arm off for it. But I know it'll be destroyed it's too nice for that.

what is it with guys and linex/rhinoliner ? :bang:

I was never a fan of lining a whole truck until I purchased an 80 that looked like it had a fight with a set of car keys. Oh and the lack of clear coat didn't help either. I just started a Monstaliner job on it. I am super impressed with the finish. I guess if my truck still had good original paint I would have never have done the whole truck. This project is different because I covering some really terrible paint and I am going for more of a trail rig look. I am on a budget also. If I had the money for a paint job I may have done that. $350 is more my tune right now with kids and a mortgage. I personally would not line that truck by looking at the pics. Maybe a rocker panel or fender flares at the minimum.

do you know what color the rims are painted i wanted to do mine like that but couldn't find the factory trim color for the 40th anniversary?

You may have trouble installing the TRD supercharger on a 94'being OBD1.

You may have trouble installing the TRD supercharger on a 94'being OBD1.

Agreed - serious mods, adding a 7th injector, etc. Guy in San Diego has done it but not easy.

Agreed - serious mods, adding a 7th injector, etc. Guy in San Diego has done it but not easy.

There are a few extra things required for the '93 and '94 but I surely would not use the the phrase "but not easy". At the time I was one of the first to have the supercharger installed on a '94 even before the PAIR relocation kit was available. I've been running it for 85K miles now with only having to replace the tired stock fuel pump with the upgraded Supra fuel pump. At the time of install I added an adjustable raising rate fuel pressure regular and a MSD-6-BTM ignition module that retards timing based upon boost level. Both simple modifications. CDAN installed his shortly thereafter and he runs a methanol/water injection system.

There are a few extra things required for the '93 and '94 but I surely would not use the the phrase "but not easy". At the time I was one of the first to have the supercharger installed on a '94 even before the PAIR relocation kit was available. I've been running it for 85K miles now with only having to replace the tired stock fuel pump with the upgraded Supra fuel pump. At the time of install I added an adjustable raising rate fuel pressure regular and a MSD-6-BTM ignition module that retards timing based upon boost level. Both simple modifications. CDAN installed his shortly thereafter and he runs a methanol/water injection system.

What is a PAIR relocation kit?

also you stated a rising rate FPR and an upgrade ignition was all you need? I found a clean 94 but I would like to get SC if I purchase it.

Search on PAIR and you will find more information. The '93 and 94' models have a PAIR valve that injects air into the exhaust manifold for emissions purposes. It is mounted right where the supercharger mounts. TRD made a relocation kit that I think is not longer available. My installer cut and welded the tubing to move it below the supercharger. Like others I'm now eliminating it and going to run the O2 sensors in the manifold instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom