Inner window felt length (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have put the micrometers on everything and I see no reason why it wouldn't just flip to the other side unless the felt "grain" was somehow directional. Pins are dead center and the stainless edge rolls are the same thickness. Felt looks symmetrical although all the fibers have worn off. I guess I could pull the passenger side and make sure that the pins are spaced the same.

I have put the micrometers on everything and I see no reason why it wouldn't just flip to the other side unless the felt "grain" was somehow directional. Pins are dead center and the stainless edge rolls are the same thickness. Felt looks symmetrical although all the fibers have worn off. I guess I could pull the passenger side and make sure that the pins are spaced the same.
If you put the LH and RH side by side, see if there's any difference.

Zero difference. Just went out and pulled these. I was in the process of recreating these but might put a hold on my makeshift production and wait for yours @Racer65

Production Nov. 77’

My apologies for the crude measuring device I can’t find my metric tape measure to save my life right now.

IMG_0060.jpeg
IMG_0061.jpeg
IMG_0062.jpeg
IMG_0063.jpeg

If you put the LH and RH side by side, see if there's any difference.
LOL Why didn't I think of that?

I'll pull the passenger when I get a chance and let you know.

On a broader note, I'm reproducing basically every piece of FJ55 weatherstrip, some of which are already available on cityracerllc.com. Other pieces like this one are still in development.

What are the chances you can do these? When you do I’m in for two sets

(I’m in for at least three full sets of the inner felts, too.)

1712544763911.png

Here are the part numbers I found for the front:

3/'69 to 8/'73 (with vent window):
68170-90351
Apparently a single part number for both sides

9/'73 to 7/'80 (without vent window)
LH 68170-90352
RH 68130-90352

It seems odd that the earlier inner felt isn't sided, and the rears aren't sided, yet the non-vent window one is sided
That does seem odd...

Do you still need measurements off of the tailgate felt?
I have one, intact as well as both standard and metric tape measures. Let me know if I can be of assistance.
Part is most likely off a 1972 model year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom