What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (76 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was a Snap-On dealer in my early yrs. If it broke, I fixed it or replaced it.
Yeah, some of the snap on guys are stingy with warranties and I could not understand why. Snap On corporate was great at giving me a credit for warranties and considering the cost of the tools I never questioned my customers. Mechanics work damn hard and spend big $$$$ on tools. Buy once cry once was my policy.

I was a Snap-On dealer in my early yrs. If it broke, I fixed it or replaced it.

One of the main reasons I buy off the truck.

Cheers

Looks great. What did you use to coat your axles?
Thanks.

Spray max SprayMax 2K Hot Rod Satin Black Spray Paint,Automotive Topcoat With Long Lasting and Durable Finish, High Chemical and Weather Resistance,6 Pack https://a.co/d/e9Toboy

Two cans worth

Swapped my LX over to LEDs. Also did a CDL switch while the dash was apart… Really show off the scuff that wasn't as noticeable before.

IMG_5504.jpeg

IMG_5496.jpeg

Swapped my LX over to LEDs. Also did a CDL switch while the dash was apart… Really show off the scuff that wasn't as noticeable before.

View attachment 3591047

View attachment 3591049
Whoa thats too bright ooofff.... Ouchy, If I change mine over it will be to the amber/orange that BMW used in the 80s-90s or like most Pontiac's from the same time easier on the eyes at night.

Whoa thats too bright ooofff.... Ouchy, If I change mine over it will be to the amber/orange that BMW used in the 80s-90s or like most Pontiac's from the same time easier on the eyes at night.
They are turned up as bright as they go. They dim with the switch.

Yeah, some of the snap on guys are stingy with warranties and I could not understand why. Snap On corporate was great at giving me a credit for warranties and considering the cost of the tools I never questioned my customers. Mechanics work damn hard and spend big $$$$ on tools. Buy once cry once was my policy.
What brand would you recommend buying currently?

Exactly. I never had a problem getting the tools that I warrantied covered by corporate.

llaThanks.

Spray max SprayMax 2K Hot Rod Satin Black Spray Paint,Automotive Topcoat With Long Lasting and Durable Finish, High Chemical and Weather Resistance,6 Pack https://a.co/d/e9Toboy

Two cans worth

What are your impressions of it? I'm getting ready to do my axles and frame rails and was planning on John Deere tuff epoxy primer + blitz black.

What are your impressions of it? I'm getting ready to do my axles and frame rails and was planning on John Deere tuff epoxy primer + blitz black.
A buddy of mine also recommended the John Deere stuff. He said it's pretty good. I already bought the stuff I used, and I think it's pretty good. Drys pretty quick too.

Part time converted
All new transmission solenoids
Major maintenance completed
Repainted barwork
79 series hood scoop installed as well as flares repainted and new Oem trim and clips
New OEM quarter panel vents and under window trim
Full Paint correction
Threw on the new GFC
Emu wing gullwings (Both sides)
Installed wits end quarter panel mount I've had sitting around for a year

Still have a large list before Cruise Moab but its starting to come together.

20240323_101750.jpg

20240325_135402_exported_144621.jpg

What brand would you recommend buying currently?
A set of snap on combination wrenches with flank drive plus on the open end is a must have for anyone working on vehicles.

Other than that if your not a pro mechanic making a living with tools than I would recommend you choose a brand that is agreeable to your wallet from a company that will warranty them. For example I buy kobalt because the lowes near me is great about warranties.

Lent the old 80 series to my gf.
It was her first time driving rhd. I always enjoy going with someone on their first drive.

Her 4runner threw a cel this am and I found mouse eating the wiring. So I'll be pulling the intake manifold and doing some electrical.

I had the 4runner towed to my house for wase of work.

A set of snap on combination wrenches with flank drive plus on the open end is a must have for anyone working on vehicles.

Other than that if your not a pro mechanic making a living with tools than I would recommend you choose a brand that is agreeable to your wallet from a company that will warranty them. For example I buy kobalt because the lowes near me is great about warranties.
I inherited a pretty decent set of Snap-On tools from my dad...he owned a 3 bay service station from the 60's to 2005 or so. I have his Corvette anniversary box too. That said, since I don't have access to the Snap-On truck anymore, I've been really happy with the Harbor Freight ICON tool line. Reasonably priced, professional polished finish (for easy clean up!), nice collection of sets or single pieces, and supposed to be warranted for life.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom