SAS SAS #8 Official Page 08/05/2024-08/09/2024 (4 Viewers)

Vote for this years color for shirts and trail flags

• • Sky Blue

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • • Pollux Orange (vote for this please)

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • • Spring Green

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • • Capri Blue

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • • Yellow / Mustard

Votes: 20 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These turned out great Rob. Outstanding my friend!
I think one of these has your name on it.... and that is not a sticker, it is printed on and should last for a long time. 5 short months away.

I think one of these has your name on it.... and that is not a sticker, it is printed on and should last for a long time. 5 short months away.
Wow, hard to believe it's this close already!

Now for something completely different! 2 ft of fresh snow here. Work sucks...

6yunmw.jpg

I feel like I don't have enough time and I live down here, ha!! I drive through there all the time on my way to Gunnison for my fav Chinese restaurant (I will drive absurd distances for food). Keep your peepers peeled, "my" bachelor herd of Big Horn Sheep hang out along 114. Bonanza and Penitente Canyon are high on my "to explore" list for the San Luis Valley as well. So many trails, so little gas money. 😅
Penitente canyon is cool, but also Rattler city (summer) a Lion roaming around the area as well (ok,14 years ago). Zapata falls, best seen in winter as it is Frozen, A really sweet Road CR G from 159 in to Antonito over a very old Bridge going over the Rio Grande ( pictographs on W side of the wall). CR 142 you may see a Wildheard of Horses hanging around the Mountain N side of Rd, but I have only seen them once. A trail that parallels C&T RR with some stations as Sublette and Ossier. TheTrain ride between Antonito to Chama or reverse is worth every Penny. A trail over Platoro res and Stunner pass also worth it ( just a dirt Rd however).
I've done 114, 20-25 times, never did see anything Horny. Love that switchback Canyon though and plans of Camping the area in the future.

Now for something completely different! 2 ft of fresh snow here. Work sucks...

View attachment 3576872
I don't know what you're talking about. I got to practice good braking skills backing down my driveway. Light application without locking them so the 60 wouldn't slide down the hill into the neighbor's koi pond stream. URBAN OFF-ROADING just like them 200 boys.

I don't know what you're talking about. I got to practice good braking skills backing down my driveway. Light application without locking them so the 60 wouldn't slide down the hill into the neighbor's koi pond stream. URBAN OFF-ROADING just like them 200 boys.
You do have skills. No easy task getting to your place in foul weather. I went up 2 night ago did a recovery near the top of eagle rock. Was going to call you to see if you wanted to ride along then realized i dont have your # . Please Dm me your #

IMG_4520.jpg

Uncle Jarrod took him out to his first little 4x4 car show. His mom forgot a beanie for him. I went and got one that I keep in the 60 for him to wear.

We will be running down to Telluride from Ouray Friday morning 8/9 via BBP (fingers crossed) or Imogene down and back. We will keep an eye open for you all 🍻View attachment 3579443
I think I saw you at Fall Crawl last year, That is a beast. I plan to be in my little blue 40 again. I am with BBRC out of Richmond.

Rebuilt transmission and t-case going in tonight and tomorrow. Pulled the oil pan for ease of popping in the RMS and to check around for a smoking gun on my “weird lower end noise”. Looks like I’ll be rebuilding my spare 2F and swapping it in before SAS 😭

494B62FB-0DCE-45E7-95A4-6FD3D03B869D.jpeg

Nothing was spun, but it either got REALLY hot or was trying to spin. When I got this vehicle from the PO it had two quarts of oil in it. Great human being, the PO, but I don’t think he knew where the hood release latch was let alone the oil dipstick. Sucks a 124000 mile motor ended up in this state. I’ve put another 25k on it, sitting at 149000 now, but it’s time. The rings are tired, and the bearings in bad shape. No glitter or chunks in the pan, and almost no sludge.

Gonna put it back together and run it until the new motor goes in. Next week I’ll get my spare block to the machine shop. Never been this deep before and have no idea what I’m doing, but it’s a 2F - what can go wrong? I have the manuals and Mud and hopefully I don’t **** anything up. Already got a rebuilt head on the shelf. The race is on…..

Also, if anybody wants this motor when pulled, it’ll be for sale. There’s no damage, but it would be considered a core for rebuild. Compression right now is 130-115-115-115-115-130. Those all go up 15-20psi on a wet compression test. There’s some honing left on most of the cylinder walls and she makes a quiet arrhythmic “tapping” kind of sound from the low end that’s most noticeable if you take the inspection cover off and put your ear dead in line with the flywheel. Bore scope shows the head has plenty of carbon. There’s blowby. She’s a good motor that’s gotten me around daily driving and going on trips just fine, she’s just tired.

Also, if anybody wants this motor when pulled, it’ll be for sale. There’s no damage, but it would be considered a core for rebuild. Compression right now is 130-115-115-115-115-130. Those all go up 15-20psi on a wet compression test. There’s some honing left on most of the cylinder walls and she makes a quiet arrhythmic “tapping” kind of sound from the low end that’s most noticeable if you take the inspection cover off and put your ear dead in line with the flywheel. Bore scope shows the head has plenty of carbon. There’s blowby. She’s a good motor that’s gotten me around daily driving and going on trips just fine, she’s just tired.
Slap a new bearing in there before you put it back together, might help some and take some emery cloth to the journal and polish it up a bit too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom