CLCC Tech Day thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If I can kick the cough I've got lingering from the flu last week, we could likely do a tech day at the shop.
Ya thereā€™s some crap floating around. šŸ¤ž
tech day at OTRAM would be great.

For the Maryland crowd i will be working on my crap the next 2 weekends, don't have a ton of shop space but i do have a ton of driveway space and tools, be happy to help where I can. Need to get the new lower control arms on my 100 and a few other odds and ends. I wont have time to help with any larger projects but if you got something small you wanna knock out, bring it by

This is perfect, I have a few very small things to get out of the way and would love to get some more hands on experience in general
shoot me a PM and we can discuss what you wanna do

Looks like we don't have enough folks for a tech day tomorrow. I'm gonna call it and stay home and finish the firepit :)
Sorry, i'd go but my radiator just popped and i don't wanna drive it very far till i get it fixed, gonna try to have the rad repair shop in sterling add more cores to it and try to get better cooling out of it. And since i'm pulling the radiator, i might as well start doing the turbo kit for the 3b. So i also gotta make up an intercooler setup. And since i'm doing that i might as well make custom piping for the rad to water pump since i can't find hoses. And i might as well do the waterpump and thermostat. And flush my heater core since the thing isn't putting out heat but doesn't appear to be leaking. So i should redo all heater lines while i'm at it.

So you can see the snowball i'm in, don't know when i'll have the thing drivable again lol

I have to go out of town this weekend. I canā€™t make it.

I recently helped several club members with electrical problems. I mentioned this at the meeting last night and it was suggested that it might be time for an electrical tech day class. Anyone interested? I am researching some possible classroom options in the neighborhoods near Kilroy's. Any preferred dates?

The class is typically a day long learning experience with lunch provided by the club.

Topics include:
- Basic DC 101
- - Volts, Amps, Watts, Ohms
- - Series, Parallel and Series/Parallel circuits
- - Reading a schematic diagram
- Vehicle electrical systems & components and how they work and interact
- - Battery, Alternator, Regulator, Starter, Winch, Lights, Gauges, Wipers, Relays, Solenoids, Diodes, Sensors, Motors, Switches, etc.
- DIY Additions
- - Power distribution, Wire gauges, Fuses & Circuit Breakers, Ground connections, Crimping v Soldering, Shrink tubes
- Diagnostics
- - Test Equipment, Diagnostics Procedures, Process of elimination, Tips, Hints
- Miscellaneous
- - Dual batteries, Solar Panels & Charge Controllers, LED lights, Radios & Antennas, ???

If you are interested in attending the class, please let me know.
If there is anything specific you would like to discuss in the class, please let me know.

Ed

For the members that were not in attendance at the meeting we are also looking for a spot to host this event.

Count me in for sure and im pretty certain that @chudly will want to attend and learn as well! Thank you Ed for volunteering to share your electrical wisdom with the group. šŸ’ÆšŸ‘

Thanks @OTRAMM and @BullRunOverland, I was able to get a room reserved on 4/13 at a Fairfax County facility about a mile from Kilroy's.

CLCC Electrical Tech Day Class
Braddock District Office (Behind the King's Park Library)
9002 Burke Lake Rd
Burke, VA 22015
4/13/24
9:00 - 5:00 Lunch included
Max capacity 40

Last edited:
I recently helped several club members with electrical problems. I mentioned this at the meeting last night and it was suggested that it might be time for an electrical tech day class. Anyone interested? I am researching some possible classroom options in the neighborhoods near Kilroy's. Any preferred dates?

The class is typically a day long learning experience with lunch provided by the club.

Topics include:
- Basic DC 101
- - Volts, Amps, Watts, Ohms
- - Series, Parallel and Series/Parallel circuits
- - Reading a schematic diagram
- Vehicle electrical systems & components and how they work and interact
- - Battery, Alternator, Regulator, Starter, Winch, Lights, Gauges, Wipers, Relays, Solenoids, Diodes, Sensors, Motors, Switches, etc.
- DIY Additions
- - Power distribution, Wire gauges, Fuses & Circuit Breakers, Ground connections, Crimping v Soldering, Shrink tubes
- Diagnostics
- - Test Equipment, Diagnostics Procedures, Process of elimination, Tips, Hints
- Miscellaneous
- - Dual batteries, Solar Panels & Charge Controllers, LED lights, Radios & Antennas, ???

If you are interested in attending the class, please let me know.
If there is anything specific you would like to discuss in the class, please let me know.

Ed
Will this be part of the class?

Screenshot_20240308-230449.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom